Rowan-Cabarrus Community College offering programs for the unemployed and underemployed
Published 12:05 am Sunday, December 7, 2014
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
KANNAPOLIS — The R3 Career Services is offering numerous career development workshops and resume clinics in December for adults in Rowan and Cabarrus counties. Workshops and clinics are provided free of charge.
Services include individual career coaching, career building and job seeking workshops, employability labs where clients can utilize a computer lab for their work search, classes designed for quick skill building and Career Readiness Certification. Services are now available in both Rowan and Cabarrus counties.
R3’s mission is built on three R’s – a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education, and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.
New Client Launch is an orientation workshop for persons who have never attended an R3 workshop or taken advantage of its other services. New Client Launch appointments are available Monday–Friday and can be made by calling 704-216-7201.
The calendar also includes the following workshops held at the R3 Career Center in Kannapolis:
• Stand Out from the Competition – Thursdays at 1 p.m.
• Interview Techniques – Thursdays at 9 a.m.,
• Refocus Your Career Options – Tuesdays at 11 a.m.
• Looking for Work with a Criminal Record – Dec. 16 at 9 a.m.
R3 Career Services helps adult workers assess their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials, and future career interests to develop an action plan for career growth. The Center will also offer resume clinics on Thursdays at 11 a.m. to help job searchers improve their current resume or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat.
“The Employability Lab allows our clients to work with an instructor on tools they are learning in R3 workshops and their individual coaching sessions,” said Keri Allman, director of the R3 Career Center. “In the lab, clients will also be able to work on a certification that helps recognize an individual’s current skill set called Career Readiness Certification.”
Walk-ins are welcome at any of our locations during Employability Lab hours.
• R3 Center – Monday-Thursday 12-4 p.m.
• Cloverleaf – Monday–Friday 8 a.m-1 p.m.
• Goodwill Career Connections – Monday-Thursday 8 a.m-4 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m-1 p.m.
R3 Career Services partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, Workforce Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Department of Commerce- Division of Workforce Solutions and other area community colleges.
• R3 Career Services are offered at the following locations:
•R3 Center – 200 West Ave. | Kannapolis
• Cabarrus Business & Technology Center (CBTC) – 660 Concord Parkway N. in Concord.
• Rowan-Cabarrus North Campus – 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. S. in Salisbury.
• Goodwill Career Connections – 1923 South Main St. in Salisbury.
• Cloverleaf Extension Center – 942 Cloverleaf Plaza in Kannapolis.
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College locations will be closed for the winter holidays beginning on Dec. 20, and reopening on Jan. 5. For more information about R3 Career Services, please call 704-216-7201, or visit the Center’s website at www.rccc.edu/r3/.