Answers to news quiz
1. C. The widening of I-85 in southern Rowan County is a need that has been discussed a minimum of two decades, says N.C.Rep. Carl Ford, R-Rowan.
2. A. The three fifth-grade classes at China Grove Elementary collected coins from students throughout the school to make up the bulk of their $1,000 donation to the Price of Freedom Museum.
3. D. The $421,000 events center will fit upwards of 400 people.
4. B. Seager plays third base for the Seattle Mariners, and his $100 million contract covers seven years.
5. C. Winrich, the city’s new Fibrant director, previously worked for Hibernia Media, overseeing the company’s European network.
6. D. When taken together, Ritchie, Fisher and Smith served roughly 100 years on the Catawba College Board of Trustees.
7. A. About 25 people from Salisbury and a contingent of students from the N.C. School of Arts in Winston-Salem, are expected to hear Brown play tonight at Westminster Abbey in London.
8. B. Bobby Clement’s father, Spencer Police Officer Robert Clement, died less than two years after being shot while serving a warrant. Bobby, now 17, was an infant at the time.
9. C. The library’s exhibit about Rowan County granite is called “Traveling with Balfour Pink.”
10. D. Agility Fuel Systems, which makes natural gas fuel systems for heavy-duty commercial vehicles, has not chosen to locate in Rowan County yet. If if does, it would receive a property tax break of $99,938 a year for its first five years of operation.
By Mark Wineka firstname.lastname@example.org GRANITE QUARRY — Several World War II members of the Civil Air Patrol, including Gilbert “Gib” Russell... read more