Town Crier community events Dec. 1-7
Today, Dec. 1
• Tourism Master Plan Committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 3 p.m., Rowan County Administrative Bldg., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 3:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
• 41st annual Tree of Hope lighting service, 5 p.m., main courtyard entrance, Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Covenant Community Connection, 5 p.m. City office bldg., 132 N. Main St., second floor, 704-638-5217, www.srhrc.org
• GriefShare, Monday 6-8 p.m., Central Baptist Church, 1810 Moose Road, Kannapolis. 704-467-2795
• East Spencer Board of Aldermen, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 105 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Landis Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 312 S. Main St., Landis.
• Granite Quarry Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., municipal building, 143 N. Salisbury Ave., Granite Quarry.
• Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
Tuesday, Dec. 2
• Free coffee and doughnuts for veterans, 9-11 a.m., Tuesdays Frontier Coffee Shoppe in Thelma’s Restaurant, West End Plaza.
• TOPS NC 437, Tuesdays 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-ins 9:30 a.m. Information Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.
• Rowan Parkinson’s support group, 1 p.m., first Tuesday, First Presbyterian education building, Fisher St. 704-633-3181.
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St. (Shown on Access16 Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays at 9 a.m., 3 p.m., 8 p.m.)
• Rowan County Veteran Council, 6:30 p.m., for location call Homer 704-636-5688 or Hercules 704-798-2032.
• China Grove Town Board, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 333 N. Main St., China Grove
Wednesday, Dec. 3
• Salisbury Rowan County Convention & Visitors Bureau master plan committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
• Lake Norman Regional Medical Center’s Senior Circle Holiday Social, 3- 4:30 p.m., Community Rooms A and B. Refreshments, games, prizes. , 704-660-4859.
• Salisbury Community Appearance Commission, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
• North Hills Christian School Booster Club, 5:15 p.m., 2970 W. Innes St., www.northhillschristian.com
Thursday, Dec. 4
• Salisbury Rowan County Convention & Visitors Bureau destination marketing committee, 10 a.m., Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
• Salisbury AARP, 12:30 p.m. covered dish holiday meal and presentation by Buddy Poole. Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 MLK Drive. Free for seniors 50+. 704-216-7714.
• Stroke Support Group at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, War Memorial building, 220 N. Maple St., Mooresville. Free, registration not required. 704-660-4859.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491
• Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communication, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Kennedy Hall American Legion Post 106 Cleveland, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting. (not the week of July 4)
• NAACP general meeting, 7 p.m., location TBA.
• Eureka Lodge #45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 7040-798-2032.
Saturday, Dec. 6
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
• Winter Wonderland Craft Show, Salisbury High School Gymnasium, 500 Lincolnton Road, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Salisbury High School, softball fundraiser for Lady Hornets
Sunday, Dec. 7
• Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
• For holiday events, see Community Calendar in this issue, or Thursday’s Time Out.
• Listings based on last best information received. Double check before attending.
By Elizabeth Roy For the Salisbury Post A century ago, when a mix of early automobiles and horses clacked and... read more