• 68°

Rowan weather: Warm day ahead

This morning is warmer (59 degrees) than any high from last week, and we’re expected to reach 73 degrees today.

We’ll have to contend with winds of 13-18 mph from the south southwest, with gusts up to 29 mph. We also have a 20 percent chance of precipitation. Tonight’s low will be 48, with winds shifting to the west northwest.

That brings us partly sunny skies for Tuesday with a high of 57, and north northwest winds at 3-6 mph. The South Rowan Christmas Parade should be OK. Rain is likely Tuesday night, with a 70 percent chance, mainly after 1 a.m. the low will be around 39 degrees.

No one wants rain on Wednesday, the day of the Holiday Caravan Parade, but we have an 80 percent chance, mostly before 2 p.m. Keep your fingers crossed, and your toes. Wednesday night we have just a 20 percent chance of rain and a low around 30.

Thanksgiving day will be sunny and near 50, then cold at night, with a low around 28.

Black Friday will be sunny and near 48, with a low around 30. Please be civil when shopping. No stampedes. No elbows.

Saturday will be mostly sunny and 52, with a low around 33. And Sunday looks partly sunny with a high near 53

Comments

Crime

Blotter: More than $100,000 in property reported stolen from Old Beatty Ford Road site

Local

City fights invasive beetles by injecting trees with insecticide

Local

City names downtown recipients for federal Parks Service grant

China Grove

China Grove Town Council weighs 2021-22 budget priorities, supports buying body cameras

Education

Educators reflect on Teacher Appreciation Week

Education

Livingstone College wins $30,000 Home Depot grant

Education

Shoutouts

News

Shield-A-Badge With Prayer program enters 26th year, accepting volunteers to pair with officers

Education

COVID-19 infection, quarantine numbers in Rowan-Salisbury Schools reach new highs

High School

High school football: Offensive line came together for Hornets, who play for state title tonight

Local

Pro baseball: White makes pro debut and says, ‘It felt amazing to be out there’

Education

West Rowan Middle eighth grader wins investment writing contest

Local

YSUP Rowan invites agencies to participate in youth-focused training

Nation/World

US backs waiving intellectual property rules on vaccines

News

As demand drops, Cooper visits vaccine clinic to urge usage

News

NC lawmakers advance bill barring mandatory COVID-19 shots

News

N.C. bill banning Down syndrome abortions nears floor vote

Coronavirus

Rowan County sees 301st death from COVID-19

Coronavirus

N.C. lawmakers advance bill barring mandatory COVID-19 shots

Local

Rowan Public Library joins initiative to help people with digital connectivity

Local

Mocksville to dissolve police department

Crime

Blotter: May 5

Local

Salisbury’s McElroy named top city, county communications professional in state

Local

Locals condemn use of force during 2019 traffic stop of Georgia woman