Post accepting entries for annual Christmas card contest
Christmas is right around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about the Salisbury Post’s annual Christmas card contest.
We’ll select the best submissions and run them in the Post in the weeks and days leading up to Christmas.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure to include your child’s name, age, grade and a phone number and email address where we can contact you.
- Cards must be no larger than 4.5 inches by 6 inches (half the size of a standard piece of construction paper).
- Cards must be handmade by the child.
- You can drop off your submissions, or mail them to us – just make sure your card makes it to the Salisbury Post by Dec. 15 at 5 p.m. Our address is 131 W. Innes St. in Salisbury. Address your letters to Jeanie Groh, and include “Christmas card contest” somewhere on the envelope.
- One submission per child.
- Submissions will be judged in three different age groups, based on grade. Those categories are preschool through second grade, third grade through fifth grade and middle school.
- Let your creativity shine – use whatever your heart desires to make your card unique.
The winning Christmas cards will be printed in the Post’s education section on Christmas Day. Runner-up entries will be printed Dec. 22, 23 and 24. We’ll also including Christmas cards in our “Letters to Santa” section on Dec. 18.
We’re accepting entries now, so crank up the Christmas music and start creating your Christmas card masterpiece.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division is asking for the public’s help in locating two registered sex offenders... read more