Answers to news quiz
Published 12:00 am Sunday, November 23, 2014
1. D. Even though it’s called a turkey shoot, no turkeys are involved. Rather, participants shoot at a target.
2. A. The letter jacket belonged to Trexler’s grandfather, Bill Earnhardt, who graduated from East Rowan High in 1962.
3. A. The Hutton Co. paid $1.5 million on which a 151,500-square-foot retail center is planned.
4. A. Students pay nothing now for driver’s education in Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
5. B. Using his woodworking skills, Basinger made a replica of Grace Lutheran Church as it looked before the church burned in 1947.
6. C. Leutze’s “Entering North Carolina” book offers his views on modern N.C. politics. Leutze is former chancellor for the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
7. B. Hefner VA Medical Center Director Kaye Green said the telephone system ranks high among the chief complaints she hears.
8. C. The poverty rate for Salisbury residents fell from 28 percent in 2012 to 23 percent in 2013, according to data from the American Community Survey.
9. C. The town is trying to raise $300,000 in matching grant money toward improvements at Royal Giants Park.
10. D. The total purchase price for the Shulenburger Surveying property is $248,000.