Blotter: Convicted sex offender found living near elementary school
Published 12:00 am Saturday, November 22, 2014
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged a convicted sex offender this week with violating terms of his probation by living close to a school. Larry Wayne Putnam, 39, of Rockwell, was charged with failing to notify law enforcement of an address change, being a sex offender living in on premises near children and felony larceny. He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $10,000 secured bond.
The home, located in the 100 block of Carolyn Road, was exactly 962 feet from Knollwood Elementary School. The larceny charge stems from a Nov. 5 incident where officials say Putnam took furniture and appliances from a home.
Putnam was convicted in 2012 of indecent liberties with a child that stemmed from a 2006 offense. He’s also been convicted of felony breaking and entering, filing a false report to police, fictitious information to an officer, misdemeanor breaking and entering, and felony breaking into vehicles.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Tuesday someone stole his television from the 800 block of Hawkinstown Road.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone stole items from his building in the 4400 block of Cauble Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday a larceny occurred in the 100 block of Oak Ridge Run.
• A man reported on Tuesday a deer stand, camera and other hunting items were stolen from the 3600 block of Mount Hope Church Road.
• A man reported on Tuesday he was hit in the leg with a baseball bat in the 200 block of Miracle Drive.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone broke into her property sometime between Nov. 14 and Tuesday in the 1600 block of Majolica Road.
• St. Enoch Lutheran Church reported a vandalism on Wednesday that occurred sometime between Nov. 16 and Wednesday in the 700 block of Campbell Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a larceny that occurred in the 4800 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• Stanley Lee Hartsell, 43, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 200 block of Miracle Drive.
• Vincent Michael Kotarsky, 38, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor larceny in 100 block of Waccamaw Drive.
• Leonard Willis Smith, 38, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 6400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Anthony Lamar Fudge, 38, was charged Tuesday with felony sex offender failing to notify of address change in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Nathan Charles Morris, 42, was charged on Wednesday with felony cruelty to animals in the 100 block of Elm Street.
• Donald Calvin Proctor, 29, was charged on Wednesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Steven Le Vo, 18, and William Alexander Menjivar, 17, were charged Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 1400 block of Julius Drive.
• David Lucas Dyson, 24, was charged on Wednesday with felony breaking and entering while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Joshua Eugene Doby, 23, was charged on Wednesday with felony being a sex offender using a social media website while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In police reports:
• Henderson Independent High School reported on Tuesday a disturbance at the school at 1215 N. Main St.
• A woman reported on Tuesday a breaking and entering occurred in the 200 block of Dan Street.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of credit card fraud in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Police responded on Tuesday to a breaking and entering in the 700 block of North Shaver Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred on Nov. 9 at Kmart at 815 E. Innes St.
• A woman reported on Wednesday her vehicle was vandalized in the 600 block of North Clay Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of an assault in the 600 block of Admiral Drive.
• A woman reported on Wednesday her wallet was stolen from the 100 block of Brenner Avenue.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 400 block of Park Avenue.
• A woman reported on Thursday her medication and cash were stolen from inside her apartment in the 400 block of Lash Drive.
• Andrew Michael Davis, 17, and Jeffrey Robert Yow, 16, were charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor disorderly conduct while at Henderson Independent High School.
• Demarlo Martez White, 39, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 300 block of Long Meadow Drive.
• Barbara Stirewalt Burchette, 56, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor communicating threats and Fred Folger Burchette, 56, was charged with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun, both in the 200 block of Nesbit Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.