Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Humane Society spaghetti dinner, 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m. and 5-8 p.m., Friday at VFW Post Number 3006, 1200 Brenner Ave. $6 adults, $3 children under 12. Spaghetti with meat or meatless sauce, salad, garlic bread, dessert, tea; dine in or carry out. Music with Mel. Sponsored by Humane Society of Rowan County, 704-636-5700, www.humanesocietyofrowancountync.org
• Deadline Nov. 11 to RSVP for Milford Hills UMC annual ladies’ dinner on Nov. 17 at 1630 Statesville Blvd. Entertainment by Matthew Weaver; catered by Debbie Suggs. Call Dick Polson 704-630-9687. Sponsored by Milford Hills United Methodist men.
• Seats still available for Harrah’s casino trip Friday. Leaving from West End Plaza (Old mall) 7 p.m., returning 8 a.m. Saturday. $40 nonrefundable cost, get $20 back on arrival. Call 704-232-5201 to pay for seats. First come, first served.
• Members of Salisbury City Council have been invited to attend the graduation program for the Salisbury Citizen’s Academy, 6 p.m. Thursday, in Council Chambers at City Hall, 217 S. Main St. No action will be taken by Council.
• Heavenly hot dog sale, Friday 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mount Olivet UMC, 301 Mt. Olivet Road. Homemade desserts. Free delivery 10+ orders. 704-782-8846 www.mtochurch.com
• TOPS NC 437 weekly best losers for October: Sam Mullis, Rita Biggerstaff, Ruth Lewis, Mary Tilly. Monthly best loser Ruth Lewis. Contest winner Libby Wilhelm. Meets Tuesdays 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-in starts 9:30 a.m. Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.