Blotter: Teen charged after shots fired at Clancy Hills Apartment complex
Salisbury Police charged a Kannapolis teen after someone reported shots were fired Friday at Clancy Hills Apartment complex.
Someone called police to say they heard someone fire five times within the complex, located at Clancy Street near West Jake Alexander Boulevard, a report said.
Police charged Quashone Demario Smith, 17, of the 600 block of Frank Street, with carrying a concealed weapon, resist, obstruct and delay an officer, a citation for discharging a firearm in the city and simple possession of marijuana.
A report said one officer who happened to be in the area drove by the teen and turned around when a description of him was given. He took off running, but was stopped a short distance later. Police searched a backpack Smith had and found a 9 mm Taurus handgun and a small bag of marijuana weighing one gram.
Smith remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $16,000 secured bond. Smith has a pending Cabarrus County case regarding burning personal property, as well as a Rowan County case for felony burning a school house and misdemeanor probation violation.
Earlier this year, Smith was charged along with another teen, both accused of setting fire to a roll of toilet paper inside a boy’s bathroom at Salisbury High. Police said in that incident the two stopped a sink and the water overflowed and began leaking onto the bathroom floor below it. A custodian discovered the flood and the fire, which he extinguished.
In other police reports:
• A man reported Friday a vandalism occurred in the 1100 block of Crosby Street.
• A man reported Friday a burglary occurred in the 400 block of East Fisher Street.
• A man reported Friday a burglary occurred in the 1000 block of Sidney Drive.
• A woman reported Friday a burglary in the 300 block of Dunham Avenue.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny at Walmart, 323 South Arlington St.
• A man reported Saturday a vehicle theft occurred in the 1800 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny occurred in the 500 block of West Council Street.
• A man reported Sunday an assault in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue
• A woman reported Sunday an assault occurred in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• Larry Alvin Cranfield, 44, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor larceny in the 100 block of Elyse Avenue.
• Ashley Michelle Young, 27, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1100 block of West Fisher Street.
• David Lynn Stewart, 27, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• Samuel Amonte Ford, 21, was issued a citation Friday for no financial responsibility in the 1000 block of Monroe and Lloyd streets.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday someone stole his deer stand in the 5800 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• A woman reported Thursday someone stole her pistol from her home in the 100 block of Evening Drive.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny and vandalism at his property and holds the moving company responsible in the 300 block of D Earnhardt Road, Rockwell.
• A teen reported Thursday he was physically assaulted in the 700 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• Maurice Eugene Peck, 45, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 2400 block of Airport Road.
• Clint Euchner, 17, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor weapons on an education property, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor possession of marijuana at West Rowan High.
• Lucas J. Moore, 17, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor a controlled substance schedule VI at West Rowan High.
• Sandra Kay Whitaker, 48, was charged Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County courthouse.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.