Posters Wednesday, Oct. 22
• North Rowan High School Class of 1974, 40th reunion Saturday, Oct. 25 at Ellis Park from 3-7 p.m. For more information, call Carol Sparger Chmielewski at 727-871-1266.
• Gold Hill Ghost Tour Saturday, Oct. 25, registration/tickets available 6-9 p.m., Gold Hill Mines Historic Park, Russell-Rufty Shelter. 735 St. Stephens Church Road, Gold Hill. No ticket sales after 9 p.m. Tours continue until all patrons are out on tour. Walking Tour/Hayride with ghost stories through the 70 acre park. Info 704-267-9439, www.historicgoldhill.com
• Tickets for 44th Annual Louisiana Turkey Gumbo on Nov. 7, Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Eat in or take out. Sponsored by Sacred Heart Catholic Daughters. Contact Maria Perkins, 704-633-9551; Vickie Kotlarz, 704-933-8878; Kathy Seybold, 704-637-6484.
• Thursday, “Stump ‘n Stew,” Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, drop-in, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; all county commission candidates invited. Each candidate will staff a table. Oak Park Retirement Center will provide a stew lunch for those who attend. Contact Rufty-Holmes at 704-216-7714.
• Midnight trip to Cherokee casino leaving at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 7, from West End Plaza (old Belk’s) and returning at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8. $40 nonrefundable and you get $20 upon arrival at casino. Contact 704-232-5201 to pay for a seat. Limited seats. Money due ASAP. Sponsored by The Steppin’ Out Social Club.
• Tonight at 6, Dr. Michael Bitzer of Catawba College will look into his political crystal ball to see what the 2014 mid-term elections hold. Fellowship Hall, John Calvin Presbyterian Church, 1620 Brenner Ave.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, Friday, 10am-2pm at Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Road. Best homemade desserts, free delivery more than 10 orders, take out available. 704-782-8846 www.mtochurch.com
Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.