Blotter: Man carjacked at knifepoint at Kannapolis gas station
By Shavonne Potts
Authorities are looking into a carjacking that occurred early Wednesday morning near a Kannapolis convenience store.
A Kannapolis man told a Rowan County Sheriff’s deputy he was approached at knifepoint by a man while he was looking for change to go inside to buy a drink.
The man came from behind the Shell gas station, 2720 West C St., and told the victim to get out of his car. The victim told the suspect he didn’t have any money, but was forced out of the vehicle.
The suspect pushed the victim to the ground and backed out of the parking lot.
A Kannapolis Police officer found the vehicle a short time later still running in some weeds with the lights on, a report said.
A K-9 dog was called in to search for a trail, but was unsuccessful.
Nothing had been taken from the car and the car was not damaged, the report said.
Authorities are looking for a white male, between 40 and 45 years old, with a goatee. He was wearing a black shirt, black gloves and a red hat.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday a domestic assault occurred in the 1000 block of Lenwood Lane, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Wednesday an assault occurred Oct. 11 in the 800 block of South Kimmons Street, Landis.
• A woman reported Wednesday a burglary occurred in the 3400 block of East Ridge Road.
• A man reported Wednesday someone vandalized his vehicle in the 600 block of Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Wednesday a burglary occurred in the 200 block of Zeb Street.
• A woman reported Wednesday a larceny from her vehicle and damage to her home occurred in the 700 block of Lakeview Road.
• The N.C. Department of Transportation reported Wednesday a hydraulic cylinder was stolen from a tractor blade in the 3100 block of West Innes Street and Pine Hill Road.
• A woman reported Wednesday an assault occurred in the 1000 block of Lawndale Drive.
• A man reported a vandalism in the 2700 block of Patterson Road, China Grove.
• Jeffrey Franklin Clodfelter, 44, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny.
• Gheorghe Cosmin Petre, 28, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 1500 block of Stonewood Drive.
• Joseph Michael Doniaz, 25, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of stolen goods in the 100 block of Lilly Avenue.
• Mary Elizabeth Jordan Ramsue, 34, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Christopher David Patterson, 42, was charged Wednesday with failure to register change of address as a sex offender in the 200 block of North Main Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Potts email@example.com Authorities charged a Charlotte man and a Vanceboro man with marijuana trafficking Thursday afternoon in a... read more