Special recycling day Oct. 29 includes medicine, more
Rowan County will have a special waste recycling day on Wednesday, Oct. 29, 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Take recyclables and pesticides to the Recycling Processing Center located at 1102 N. Long St. Ext., East Spencer. Pesticides are collected through the NCDA Pesticide Disposal Assistance Program.
Contact the Rowan County Department of Environmental Management at 704-216-8606 for information on large quantities of any material or questions concerning this event.
Items that will be accepted:
• Pesticides and pesticide containers
• Auto/truck batteries
• Prescription medicines
• Scrap metal
• Styrofoam peanuts
• Rechargeable batteries
• Cell phones
• Hearing aids
• Toner cartridges
• Computers — monitors, hard drives and laptops
• Helium, oxygen, propane tanks
• Paint(Limit 10 gallons/household)
• Fertilizers — must be labeled
• Washers, dryers, refrigerators
Jobs for Life Leadership Training is a new ministry of First Baptist Church Salisbury. It is a biblically based, church... read more