Blotter: Sheriff: Man reports over $3K taken from account
By Shavonne Potts
A Rowan County man called 911 to report someone stole his debit card, made $3,325 in ATM transactions and cashed checks in a three-month period.
The victim, an 86-year-old Rockwell man, told authorities someone used his debit card 11 times without his authorization. There were 11 $200 bank withdrawals from his account from July 15 through July 28, a report said. He also reported three forged checks one for $200, $475 and $450 that were written from Aug. 26 through Sept. 28.
The victim also said he had cash taken from his home. Officials with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office said the case remains open and investigators have a suspect, but no arrest has been made as of yet.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Hurley Elementary School reported someone ripped a seat, scattered papers and wrote on the windows of a bus in the 600 block of Hurley School Road.
• A woman reported Monday someone pried open her door at her home in the 100 block of Sweetbriar Circle.
• A woman reported Monday someone entered her home through an unsecured window and left through a back door, but nothing appeared to be taken in the 1400 block Upper Palmer Road.
• A woman reported Monday she was assaulted in the 9500 block of West N.C. 152, Mooresville.
• Bryan Michael Williams, 31, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
In police reports:
• A man reported Friday someone a vandalism in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
• A woman reported Friday someone tried to break into her home and damaged a screen door in the 400 block of Bethel Drive.
• A man reported Friday he was assaulted with a gun in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
• A man reported Saturday an assault occurred near Linn Lane and Old Wilkesboro Road.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny occurred in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A man reported Saturday a breaking and entering occurred in the 400 block of Milford Hills Road.
• A woman reported Saturday an assault occurred in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard at Colony Garden Apartments.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny from a vehicle in the 900 block of Hurley School Road, Salisbury Community Park.
• A man reported Saturday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 300 block of West 12th Street.
• A woman reported Sunday she was assaulted by her friend in the 400 block of Gold Hill Drive.
• A man reported Sunday a bicycle was stolen from 100 block of West Fisher Street.
• A man reported Sunday a knife assault occurred in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A woman reported Monday an assault occurred in the 900 block of North Jackson Street.
• A man reported Monday a fraudulent incident occurred in the 1300 block of Old Concord Road.
• A man reported Monday he was cut on his bicep in the 1000 block of Crosby and Elm streets.
• A victim reported Monday someone entered his home and took a firearm in the 2300 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man reported Tuesday someone broke into his home in the 200 block of South West Street.
• Elks Lodge reported Wednesday a breaking and entering in the 500 block of South Main Street.
• Tasha McLaurin, 24, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault, while at the Salisbury Police Department.
• Gina Marie Parker, 53, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 1300 block of Standish Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Potts email@example.com A Salisbury man faces a felony charge after he was accused of taking money from Biscuitville,... read more