Woman charged with stabbing man in the back during altercation
Salisbury Police charged a woman this week with the August stabbing of a man who told authorities he was beaten up and stabbed in the back.
Tiffany Marianna Sanchez, 29, whose address is listed as the streets of Salisbury, was charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
The incident occurred Aug. 24 at 11 p.m. in the 100 block of North Long Street. The initial call to 911 reported that a man was chasing a woman with a knife. However, the victim was found by police bleeding from the head and with a stab wound to his side.
He told police he and Sanchez had a confrontation about drugs and money.
A group of males fought the victim, and he fell to the ground. While he was on the ground, he said, the woman stabbed him. He did not know the males. He was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and has since been released.
In other Police Department reports:
• Variety World Inc. reported Thursday a breaking and entering occurred in the 200 block of Marsh Street.
• A man reported Thursday someone took items from his vehicle in the Lowe’s parking lot, 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported Thursday someone took items from her vehicle on Aug. 17 in the 600 block of South Ellis Street.
• Crystal Nicole Adams, 24, was charged with misdemeanor obstruction of justice in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
In Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Wednesday several jewelry items and money were taken from his home in the 9600 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported Wednesday someone took building supplies from his front yard in the 100 block of Fleming Drive, Woodleaf.
• A man reported Wednesday his building was broken into and items were removed in the 11700 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• A man reported Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 5800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Matthew Walter Robertson, 28, was charged Wednesday with felony possession with intent manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule II in the 100 block of Catfish Terrace.
• Joshua Scott Ritchie, 23, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny of firearms at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Dennis Franklin Brock, 65, was charged Wednesday with felony indecent liberties with children in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Justin Scott Pilkington, 23, was charged Wednesday with felony sex offender residence violation at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
ROCKWELL — Nazareth Children’s Home has received a generous gift of $3,000 from the Blanche & Hubert Ritchie Foundation in... read more