Items stolen from ex-girlfriend end up at pawn shops
SALISBURY — The ex-boyfriend of a Mooresville Road woman took items from her, then pawned those things in two different locations, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s office.
Capt. John Sifford said jewelry and lawn equipment were among the things pawned by the boyfriend at Quick Cash Pawn, 2045 Statesville Blvd., and also a Quick Cash Pawn in High Point.
The boyfriend also stole, forged and cashed checks from the woman, reports said. An arrest has not been made yet.
In other reports from the Sheriff’s Office:
• Road signs were reported damaged at Woodleaf and Enon Church roads. It’s not known exactly when the vandalism occurred.
• Christopher Lamar Harrington, 29, was charged Tuesday with larceny.
In reports from Salisbury Police:
• Stephen Charles Etters, 20, of the 400 block of West Kerr Street, was charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer after his car was stopped at 100 W. Colonial Drive early Wednesday morning. Etters also was charged with driving while impaired. His bond was set at $1,200.
• Anne Tuttle Gaines, 52, of the 1400 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road, was charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer and second-degree trespass Wednesday morning. Her bond was set at $1,000.
• Shaheem Marouis Mason, 23, of the 1100 block of Bringle Ferry Road, was charged with vandalism to real property in a criminal summons served Monday night.
• Theron Dory Williamson, 21, of the 800 block of Bringle Ferry Road, was charged Wednesday with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to manufacture. He was placed under $1,000 bond.
• Alvis James Graves, 56, was charged Monday with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer.
• Alisha Renne Brinson, 28, was charged Monday with larceny.
• Emily Ora Houston, 21, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor injury to personal property.
• Miquale Lashawn Clark, 19, was charged with possession of a controlled substance at South Ellis and West Thomas streets.
• A woman reported an attempted larceny from her vehicle while it was parked at 133 E. Council St. Monday.
• A woman reported a break-in in the 300 block of Oakwood Avenue sometime between 5:30 p.m. Sunday and 1:15 p.m. Monday.
• A 16-year-old boy reported Monday morning the theft of $20 from his wallet at the Hurley YMCA.
• A man reported a burglary in the 1700 block of Stokes Ferry Road between 5:30 p.m. Sunday and 6:19 p.m. Monday.
• A man in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue reported the theft Monday of a cable television box.
• A man reported a larceny in the 1500 block of West Innes Street Monday.
• A woman reported vandalism Tuesday to her car while it was parked in the 200 block of West Harrison Street.
• A man reported a larceny from his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Main Street Tuesday.
• A larceny occurred sometime early Wednesday morning at 2143 Statesville Blvd.
• A woman reported a vandalism Wednesday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A burglary occurred between midnight Aug. 14 and 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at 232 American Drive.
• A man on Pearl Street reported a larceny Wednesday night.
SALISBURY — I wasn’t sure what Lisa Earnhardt would say about the “Ice Bucket Challenge.” I feared she actually might... read more