Sheriff: Man charged with assault with deadly weapon
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged a Salisbury man with assault after the victim’s father called authorities saying he witnessed his son being assaulted with a knife.
Authorities charged Michael Wayne Brooker, 26, of Cedar Drive, with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon.
The victim and his father told officials Brooker asked him to work on his vehicle and refused to remove an item from his car to have it fixed. Brooker got mad, a report said.
According to the victim, Brooker began cursing him and calling him a derogatory name, went inside his own car and came back with a knife. The victim’s hand was cut in the assault. The victim told a deputy Brooker began throwing rocks at his garage and then nearly kicked his mailbox off its post. A witness said they saw Brooker, also known as “Stunner” kick a mailbox.
Another witness driving down Airport Road saw the incident unfold and saw a man throwing rocks at the house and kick the mailbox three times.
Brooker got into his car and took off. When the deputy asked to see a video camera in a tree on the victim’s property, the victim refused. The victim told the deputy he wasn’t sure the video was recording when the incident occurred.
Brooker was charged in July with misdemeanor assault on a female. In June, Brooker was one of eight people charged after months of undercover investigations. Officials said he sold crack cocaine to an undercover officer.
In other reports:
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary in the 6500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Saint Enoch Lutheran Church reported Tuesday a vandalism in the 2600 block of Eagle Street, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Tuesday a larceny in the 100 block of Bee Tree Lane.
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary in the 8200 block of Castor Road.
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary in the 900 block of North Enochville Avenue, China Grove.
In police reports:
• A man reported Tuesday a vandalism in the 200 block of Claymont Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday items were stolen from her home with no signs of forced entry in the 1400 block of North Church Street.
• A man reported Tuesday his grandson used his information to get a credit card in the 200 block of Sudley Circle.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.