Police: Shooting at Civic Park Apartments leaves man wounded
Salisbury Police are looking into who shot at a man at Civic Park Apartments early Monday morning. The victim told police he was inside a Dodge pick up at the complex, located in the 700 block of Hall Street, when around 1:45 a.m. shots were fired. He was hit by a bullet, said Capt. Shelia Lingle.
He struck a Suburban while trying to get out of the parking lot, she said. He drove himself to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center and was being treated for a gunshot wound.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Monday she was the victim of check fraud in the 800 block of North Long Street.
• A man reported Sunday a burglar at his home in the 300 block of South Merritt Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Friday items were stolen from a river lot in the 100 block of Roy Miller Loop.
• A man reported Friday someone stole his moped in the 900 block of Hurley School Road.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny in the 2100 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported Friday a vehicle was reported stolen from the 9700 block of Cool Springs Road, Woodleaf.
• Liberty United Methodist Church reported Sunday three young males damaged playground equipment in the 3900 block of Liberty Road.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny at a produce stand in the 6700 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Bradley Vance Helms, 21, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 2100 block of South U.S. 29, Landis.
• Justin Luke McClary, 34, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor obtaining advances under promise to work or pay, 700 block of Shue Road, China Grove.
• Richard Kasey Webb. 25, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 3500 block of Miller Road.
• Steven Lane Gledhill, 27, was charged Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 400 block of Chinaberry Drive, China Grove.
• Robert Anthony Houston, 22, was charged Saturday with felony larceny by servants and other employees at the county magistrate’s office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — I was shocked to get a call Monday saying that James Barringer had passed away that morning. As... read more