Police: Car alarm alerts owner, foils would-be burglar
Police charged a Salisbury man with breaking into a car after he set off the vehicle’s alarm system, alerting the owner.
Salisbury Police say the owner parked his car outside his East Council Street apartment when he heard his alarm system sound around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities charged Cary Eugene Kiser, 44, of the 400 block of South Long Street, with felony breaking and entering a vehicle.
Kiser remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,500 secured bond.
Police said the victim saw Kiser standing near his vehicle and witnesses told investigators when the alarm sounded they saw Kiser sitting behind the wheel of the vehicle.
A report said when Kiser got out of the vehicle and shut the door when he saw others in the area and the alarm sounded, He was still at the scene when police arrived.
Kiser was convicted of assault on a female, malicious conduct by a prisoner, larceny and resist, obstruct, delay an officer.
In other police reports:
• Historic Salisbury reported Friday someone spraypainted one of their properties in the 200 block of East Horah Street.
• A woman reported Friday a she was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of North Kayla Drive, Granite Quarry.
• A counterfeiting incident was reported Friday in the 3400 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported Friday a simple physical assault in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported Friday someone stole her bicycle sometime betweeen Aug. 10 and Friday in the 300 block of South Church Street.
• A woman reported Friday a burglary occurred in the 1300 block of Larchmont Place.
• A woman reported Friday credit card fraud occurred Aug. 4 in the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone took a bicycle from the 30 block of Knox Street.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny occurred in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism in the 700 block of Wilson Road.
• Villas at Hope Crest reported Saturday a vandalism in the 1300 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A woman reported Saturday someone attempted to break into her home in the 1100 block of Crosby Street.
• A woman reported Saturday a pick pocket in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported Saturday a simple physical assault occurred in the 1100 block of Holmes Street.
• Southern States reported Saturday a vandalism in the 1700 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported Sunday a vandalism at Walmart in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday occurred between Aug. 14 and Sunday in the 1500 block of Van Nuys Street.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny occurred in the 200 block of Sunset Drive.
• A vandalism was reported Sunday in the 600 block of Industrial Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny from his vehicle in the 30 block of Knox Street.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny from a vehicle in the 1800 block of West Innes Street.
• Veny Lamont Dixon, 33, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on female in the 300 Bendix Drive.
• Maycell Heath Jackson, 36, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• Terry Allen Jackson, 49, of the streets of Salisbury, was charged Friday with misdemeanor larceny.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Thursday a burglary occurred in the 400 block of Beagle Club Road.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny after someone broke into his home in the 17800 block of Mooresville Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported Thursday a burglary in the 15900 block of Cool Springs Road, Cleveland.
• A woman reported Thursday a burglary occurred in the 2800 block of Sides Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Thursday her home was broken into in the 1600 block of Ebenezer Road, China Grove.
• Kenneth Brian Stiltner, 41, was charged Thursday with felony breaking and entering at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Matthew James Greeson, 25, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 4800 block of Old Beatty Fore Road, Fox’s Store, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
ROCKWELL — Curtis Hill has actually been looking forward to playing in the Rowan Senior Games basketball tournament since his... read more