Answers to 1D news quiz
1. D. Council voted to submit these two suggestions to its architects for their input.
2. A. Marsh, who died at the age of 74, was a well-known breakfast regular at the Bojangles’ restaurant in Spencer.
3. C. Robert Winkler created “Salisbury Foursome,” which is considered the final installation of the 2014 Salisbury Sculpture Show.
4. B. The Catawba College team beat Maryville College of Tennessee 31-6 in the first Tangerine Bowl, played Jan. 1, 1947.
5. B. Charges listed in the indictment against the Parsons couple include tax fraud, mail fraud, identity theft, theft of government funds and conspiracy to defraud the government.
6. A. Erica Parsons’ adoptive brother, James “Jamie” Parsons, reported her missing July 30, 2013.
7. C. Buddy Barringer’s private bench was built by his late brother, Terry, as a memorial to their father, the late Melvin Barringer.
8. B. The church’s summer enrichment program, which had 72 children, focused on money management to strengthen math skills and Aesop’s Fables to enhance reading skills.
9. D. Forbes included Catawba College among its “America’s Top Colleges.” Catawba was one of 20 N.C. public and private institutions on the annual listing.
10. A. It was the Rowan County Chamber of Commerce’s first-ever dragon boat race.
I had a fantastic room last night at the Hampton Inn in Juno Beach, but that didn’t help me sleep.... read more