Kannapolis man facing heroin possession charge
Published 12:00 am Saturday, July 19, 2014
Police charged a Kannapolis man with heroin and arrested another on an outstanding warrant following a traffic stop at the corner of East Innes and Long streets.
Salisbury Police charged Nicholas Chance Howard, 19, of the 300 block of Gurley Avenue, Kannapolis, with felony heroin possession and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia; and James Braxton Connell Jr., 25, of the Streets of Salisbury, with misdemeanor failure to appear.
The officer stopped a Toyota Avalon for an expired license plate Thursday just before 7:30 p.m. at the Auto Zone store. The driver, Howard, gave consent for the officer to search him. The officer found an unused syringe in his pocket.
A search of the car revealed a pair of shorts that had two silver spoons with heroin residue on them, a used syringe, smoking pipe burnt on both ends.
Officials said the outstanding warrant for Connell was from Cabarrus County.
Howard remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond. Connell has since been released from the county jail under a $1,000 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Thursday a robbery occurred between Monday and Thursday in the 1200 block Grady Street.
• Dairy Queen reported Thursday someone tried to break into the business after hours in the 1000 block of West Innes Street.
• A teen reported Thursday a vandalism in the 500 block of West Innes Street.
• A woman reported Thursday that while a plumber was in the house sometime between June 16 and Thursday she determined items were missing in the 200 block of Knollwood Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday someone stole her jewelry in the 11200 block of Old Concord Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Wednesday fraudulent behavior in the 300 block of Bonanza Drive.
• Mitchell Ray Williams, 34, was charged with a misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in the 4700 block of West NC 152, China Grove.
• Sandra Nicole Lee, 27, was charged with a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Rodney Howard Link, 41, was charged with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 200 block of Kelly Drive.
• James L. Hinson, 39, was charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Samantha Nicole Brassard, 17, was issued a citation for a misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in the 3100 block of Grace Church and Miller roads.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.