Posters, Thursday, July 10
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• Cancelled: Today’s Destination Marketing Committee meeting. Rescheduled date to be announced.
• Fish fry on Friday at 321 N. MLK Ave., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Croaker and whiting plates/sandwiches and hot dogs. Sponsored by Steppin’ Out Social Club.
• Class meeting: The Class of 1986 will meet Friday at 6 p.m. at the house of Wanda Jackson, 222 Hall St.
• The Blessing of God Church, 412 Westside Drive, Lexington, celebrates the 6th pastoral appreciation for Chief Apostle Vanessa Taplah Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. Guest speaker “Dr. of Comedy” Apostle Miriam P. Keller of Remnant in Christ Outreach Worship Center of Salisbury.
• ‘God in Action,’ sports-themed mini sports camp outreach for kids grades 1-5. Saturday, July 12 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Milford Hills Baptist Church 1238 E. Colonial Drive. Hotdog meal provided. Preregister at www.milfordhillsbaptistchurch.org or email email@example.com with names and ages of children who will be attending.
• Free Summer Reading Camp for K-5th grade, one day camp 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at Shiloh United Methodist Church, 234 S. Main GQ St., Granite Quarry. Lunch will be provided to the children and parents who stay. Call 704-279-2112 with any questions.
• Bus Trip to Cherokee, sponsored by Pride of Salisbury Elks, Saturday, July 12. Leaving from old mall at 6:30 a.m.; $40; return that night. Contact Willie Graham at 704-232-4441 or John Mackey, 704-433-0675 or any Elks member.