Government closings, schedule changes for Fourth of July holiday
The city of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for Fourth of July holiday:
• City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all four recreation centers will be closed Friday. City offices will reopen Monday.
• Garbage and recycling collection on schedule, but no limb collection on Friday.
• No transit services on Friday. Transit services will resume on Saturday.
• Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, call 704-216-7567 and select option 3 for Fibrant Services, then select option 3 again for internet or option 4 for video or phone.
• Salisbury Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Friday. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, call 704-638-5339.
• The Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Holiday schedules for other local governments in Rowan County include:
• Spencer town hall will be closed Friday. No change to garbage pickup.
• Cleveland town hall will be closed Friday. No change to garbage pickup.
• Faith town hall will be closed Friday. No change to garbage pickup.
• Kannapolis offices will be closed on Friday. No change to garbage and recycling collection service.
All Kannapolis parks will be open regular operating hours from dawn until dusk. In Village Park, the Rotary Express and Splash Pad will be open regular hours, from Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday noon to 6 p.m.
• East Spencer town hall will be closed and garbage will run on its regular Friday schedule.
• China Grove town hall will be closed Friday. No change to garbage pickup.
• Landis town hall will be closed Friday.
• Rowan County offices will be closed Friday.
The Rowan County environmental management office, recycling centers, landfill and processing center will be closed Friday.
The recycling centers and landfill will reopen on Saturday following normal schedule.