• 72°

Rowan weather: More heat, more humidity

So that 50 percent chance of rain Wednesday was spotty, at best. Today, there’s no mention of rain until after 11 p.m., when there’s a 20 percent chance. Expect mostly sunny skies and a high of 88. Tonight, the low will be around 68.
We’re up to a 60 percent chance of rain for Friday, but mostly after 5 p.m. Look for partly sunny skies with a high near 87. Any rain accumulation will be slight, unless it’s a heavy storm. The low will be 68, with a decreasing chance of rain.
Saturday’s chance of showers and thunderstorms is at 60 percent, under mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 86. The likelihood of rain drops to 40 percent Saturday night, with a low of 67.
After 8 a.m. Sunday, we have a 30 percent chance of precipitation, but it will be partly sunny with a high near 87. The chance continues into Sunday night, with a low of 68.
To start next week, some of you may be heading out for vacation. You’ll do it under partly sunny skies with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and a high near 88. Monday night will keep a chance of rain and the low will be 69.
Just add a degree to the high for Tuesday, and a degree to the low, near 70. And on Wednesday, add another degree to the high — 90. And hold on to that 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Comments

Comments closed.

Crime

Blotter: April 13

Coronavirus

County switches vaccines for mass vaccination clinic after federal, state guidance

Coronavirus

US recommends ‘pause’ for J&J vaccine over clot reports

Education

Superintendent talks first 100 days, dives into district data

Business

‘It was an answer to a call:’ TenderHearted Home Care celebrates 10 years of providing care at home

News

Political Notebook: Local polls find increasing number of North Carolinians want COVID-19 vaccine

News

Trial begins on challenge to latest NC voter ID law

Local

Burch, Fisher, Marsh honored as 2021 recipients of Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Humanitarian Award

Landis

Landis board talks revenues, budget planning, department updates

College

College baseball: Catawba rolls 7-1 and 24-1

Nation/World

Student fires at officers at Tennessee school, is killed

Nation/World

Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun

Crime

Man receives consecutive prison sentences for sex offenses

Education

RSS Board of Education approves Faith Elementary sale

Coronavirus

Rowan Health Department receives 400 Pfizer, 800 Johnson & Johnson vaccines for week

Crime

Blotter: Accident in Food Lion only weekend shooting to produce injuries

Crime

Salisbury man charged with felony drug crimes

Crime

Second person charged in thefts from house near county line

Crime

Police use tear gas to end robbery stand off, arrest suspect

Local

Ask Us: When will Rowan Public Library’s West Branch open?

Nation/World

Prosecution case nears end in ex-cop’s trial in Floyd death

Nation/World

Officer accused of force in stop of Black Army officer fired

Crime

Blotter: Man charged with hitting man with car, fleeing while intoxicated

Local

‘Meet the need’: Rowan County Health Department looks to add to vaccination options