Police: Neighbor spots thieves trying to break into home
Published 12:00 am Friday, June 20, 2014
Salisbury Police are looking into who tried to break into a Parkview Circle home Wednesday after three men on bicycles were spotted on the property by a neighbor who could see the property from her Mahaley Avenue home. She saw the men near a side window that was shortly after found opened and a shed that in the past was locked.
Officers checked on the property and discovered the window was partially opened, but because the window was small, officers didn’t think anyone would’ve fit through it. Police say nothing was taken.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday a man approached her sometime between April 1 and April 4 and asked for sexual favors in exchange for money in the 600 block of Wiley Avenue and Boyden Road.
• A man reported Wednesday a woman passed a forged prescription at Walmart on June 7 in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• Kmart reported Wednesday a woman passed a forged prescription at the store on June 5 and tried to obtain 120 Oxycodone at 6:50 p.m. and returned 7:30 p.m. in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported Wednesday a physical assault in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Tuesday a fraud occurred at Rowan Gun and Pawn sometime between December 2012 and June 11 in the 7700 block of U.S. 52.
• Quick Cash Pawn reported Tuesday someone sold stolen property in the 2000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported Tuesday someone damaged the rear glass of his vehicle in the 1100 block of Lower Stone Church Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone broke into her house while she was at work in the 17800 block of Mooresville Road, Mooresville.
• A woman reported Tuesday damage to her vehicle in the 2400 block of McGill Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Tuesday two pit bull puppies were stolen in the 1200 block of Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville.
• Luann Stephanie Fisher, 30, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 600 block of Roseman Road.
• Luis Perez Luna, 52, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Albert Ray Barringer, 30, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.