Police: Teen charged with marijuana paraphernalia after traffic stop
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 19, 2014
Police officers confiscated a glass pipe and vaporizer with marijuana residue on it following a traffic stop and arrest of a Salisbury teen Tuesday night.
Salisbury Police charged Jacob Andrew Grenoble, 18, of the 400 block of Bethel Drive, with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Officials said the teen’s Honda had a burned out light, and an officer stopped him around 9:45 p.m. in the 1700 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard to inquire about it.
The officer said he could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle and called for another officer to assist him. The officers searched the vehicle and discovered a black metallic vaporizer and glass pipe. Both had ground up marijuana residue inside them. Grenoble was issued a $1,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other police reports:
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary occurred in the 200 block of West Bank Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday an assault in the 400 block of Wilkins Lane.
• A man reported Tuesday credit card fraud in the 700 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• A man reported Tuesday someone stole some solar lights in the 1400 block of Park Avenue.
• A woman reported Tuesday shoes were taken from her unsecured vehicle in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday a fraudulent transaction in the 100 block of Liberty Street.
• A man reported Tuesday an attempted burglary in the 300 block of South Link Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday his vehicle’s mirror was damaged in the 100 block of West Innes Street.
• A man reported Tuesday an assault occurred in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In sheriff’s reports:
• Pearl’s Pawn and Gun Shop reported Monday receiving a stolen ladder sometime between June 10 and Monday in the 1500 block of North Main Street.
• Seven Eleven reported Monday someone defrauded the store out of money in the 2700 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Monday someone took items from his vehicle in the 900 block of Rainey Road.
• A woman reported Monday someone took items from her vehicle during the night in the 1200 block of Kluttz Road.
• A man reported Monday someone opened accounts in his name in the 9500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported Monday items were removed from his vehicle in the 900 block of Stone Road.
• A woman reported someone removed her Playstation 3 from her vehicle in the 1500 block of Oakridge Drive.
• A man reported Monday items were taken from a storage shed located in the 1000 block of Barrow Lane.
• Gary Lynn Hillman was charged Monday with possession of firearm by felon. The firearm was reported stolen and was recovered in the 8600 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• Lauren A. Fesperman, 20, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 9500 block of Cool Springs Road, Woodleaf.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.