Sheriff: Woman does detective work, determines Xbox thief
Authorities charged a China Grove man with breaking into his neighbor’s home and stealing her son’s Xbox games. The woman did her own digging and found the games had been stolen and pawned, a report said.
Rowan Sheriff’s deputies issued a citation for Dustin Reid Lackey, 32, of the 1000 block of Lackey Lane, with misdemeanor breaking and entering.
The victim, who lives across the street from Lackey, said someone stole the games and she had a “hunch” it was Lackey. In the past she’d heard Lackey talk about Pearl’s Pawn and Gun shop in China Grove so she checked it out. The woman discovered her son’s six games behind the counter. An employee at the pawn shop said a man by the name of Dustin pawned the items June 11. The woman filed a report with investigators on June 12. Lackey is expected in court in July. Lackey was convicted in 2006 of felony credit card theft.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday someone vandalized his home in the 800 block of Beagle Club Road.
• A man reported Thursday someone took his tablet May 21 in the 1100 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Thursday someone took items from his vehicle in the 2100 block of Airport Road.
• Alexis Yvonnette Childress, 16, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 800 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• Norman Reid Blackwell, 64, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1200 block of Gheen Road.
• Bernard Johnson, 44, was charged Thursday with felony larceny of motor vehicle in the 200 block of North Main Street.
• Patrice Lynn Wilkerson, 56, was charged Thursday with felony habitual larceny in the 200 block of North Main Street.
• Jonathan Jerod Watkins, 31, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny in the 4000 block of Woodleaf Barber Road, Cleveland.
In police reports:
• Police responded Friday to a report of marijuana possession in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported Friday someone egged her vehicle while she was driving in the 1400 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone sexually assaulted her, location undisclosed.
• A woman reported Friday someone robbed her at gunpoint in the 1100 block of West Fisher Street.
• A man reported Saturday someone assaulted him in the 100 block of Audrey Lane.
• A man reported Saturday his stepson fraudulently obtained a credit card in his name, but did not wish to prosecute him in the 200 block Sudley Circle.
• A woman reported Saturday someone physically assaulted her after an argument in the 1200 block of Kenly Street.
• A woman reported Saturday someone vandalized her property in the 100 block of Elm Street.
• A man reported Sunday someone broke into his home in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
• A man reported Sunday someone stole items from his vehicle at Walmart in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• A woman reported Sunday someone vandalized her property in the 800 block of West Fisher Street.
• Shante Rochelle Brown, 26, charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 300 Block of Bendix Drive.
• Dominica Blair, 16, was charged Friday with simple assault and battery in the 600 block of Cherry Street.
• Hayley Marie Huggins, 21, charged Friday with driving while impaired in 76000 block of North Interstate 85 and East Innes Street.
• Sarah Loren Scheer, 22, charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault and battery in the 100 block of Audrey Lane.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.