Shot hits home on West Thomas Street; no suspects identified
Published 12:00 am Friday, June 13, 2014
Police say they have no suspects after neighbors in the 300 block of West Thomas Street say they heard shots fired just before 2 p.m. Tuesday. A male reported a stray bullet struck his home. No one was injured at the home. Salisbury Police were told by witnesses they saw three males running down the street and saw a suspicious vehicle in the area around the same time. It is not clear if the vehicle was connected to the three people seen running.
Police recommended Salisbury High be placed on lockdown as a precaution. Police Capt. Shelia Lingle said the call came in as “shots fired in the area.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police at 704-638-5333 or Crime Stoppers a 1-866-639-5245.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Monday someone hit her Toyota and left the scene in the 1100 block of North Main and East 11th streets.
• A man reported Tuesday an armed robbery in the 800 block of Grove Street, China Grove.
• A woman reported Tuesday a vehicle’s driver’s side glass was broken in the 1000 block of Klumac Road.
• Sam’s Mart #72 reported Wednesday someone used a counterfeit bill in the 800 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Jonathan Ray Mirabal Nieves, 29, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple possession of one gram of marijuana in the 700 block of East Innes Street.
• Jai Montreal Winchester, 19, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon in his pants in the 700 block of West Fisher Street.
• Fred Gerome Miller, 30, of the 700 block of Victory Street, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female.
• Tyeshia Tillie Wilkerson, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 700 block of Victory Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday a fight between to women in the 300 block of Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
• Seven Eleven reported Tuesday being defrauded of money in the 2700 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Tuesday larceny from a building in the 100 block of Longleaf Drive.
• A man reported Tuesday someone used his social security number to obtain unemployment benefits in the 300 block of Spring Lake Lane, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone broke into her house and items were taken in the 700 block of West Rice Street, Landis.
• Javier Alexander Matos, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor at East Rowan High in the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road.
• Bryan Michael Williams, 31, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule III controlled substance at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Amy Annette Tadlock, 51, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Crystal Marie Hill, 30, was charged Tuesday with felony conspiracy in the 1100 block of West Ridge Road.
• Amanda Lynn Paxton, 37, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor school attendance law violation in the 100 block of Courtney Lane.
• Levi Wayne Kittle, 16, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 7900 block of Red Road, Rockwell.
• Karen Lynn Gee, 39, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor breaking and entering at the Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.