Salisbury man caught stealing from Rite Aid, spotted by deputy in store
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 11, 2014
A Salisbury man picked the wrong time and place to swipe items from a local drug store as a Rowan Sheriff’s deputy spotted him pocketing the items.
Salisbury Police charged Roy Hoke Drye III, 30, of the 11300 block of Old Concord Road, with shoplifting and possession of schedule III controlled substance, both misdemeanors.
A deputy saw Drye inside Rite Aid at 1605 E. Innes Street pocket a Gillette razor and some Oral B toothbrush heads. A police officer searched Drye and found a prescription bottle on him that contained 11 generic Xanax pills that belonged to his sister. Drye was issued a $500 secured bond and remains in the Rowan County Detention Center.
In 2009, Hoke was convicted of driving while impaired, reckless driving, drug possession and driving while license revoked.
In other police news:
• A woman reported Monday someone stole a dirt bike from the 200 block of North Long Street.
• A woman reported Monday a vandalism occurred in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported Monday someone took items between September and June 1 in the 500 block of White Oaks Drive.
• Sonic Drive-In reported Monday a vandalism in the 900 block of West Innes Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Sunday a burglary in the 1600 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A man reported Sunday an exploded water bottle inside his mailbox in the 6700 block of Goldfish Road, Kannapolis.
• Miller Davis Inc. reported Sunday a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 2700 block of Patterson Road, China Grove.
• Penny Lea Johnson, 45, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault in the 300 block of Cedar Brook Drive, Kannapolis.
• Alonzo Ivery Gibson, 38, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 200 block of North Main Street.
• Raymond Joseph Anglin, 39, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 4700 block of Jack Brown Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.