Salisbury woman charged with tattooing her 12-year-old daughter
A woman faces a criminal charge after authorities say she tattooed her 12-year-old daughter at their Salisbury home.
Anna Marie Yates, 29, was charged Wednesday with tattooing a person under 18. Someone alerted officials with the Rowan County Department of Social Services, who then contacted the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office about the incident.
The girl, 12, received the tattoo on her upper right arm, authorities said. Reports do not indicate whether the mother is licensed or permitted to tattoo, but state statute requires people to be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo.
Yates was issued a written promise to appear in court regarding the misdemeanor offense. She’s expected in district court later this month.
A report didn’t say what the tattoo depicted, Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford said.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported an assault Friday in the 300 block of Cedar Brook Drive, Kannapolis.
• Three students got into a fight Friday before school started at East Rowan High in the 200 block of St. Luke’s Church Road.
• A woman reported Friday her purse was taken from her car in the 700 block of Ed Weaver Road.
• A man reported Friday someone broke into his vehicle and took his firearm in the 1300 block of Mount Hope Church Road.
• A woman reported Friday a vandalism in the 9400 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny occurred sometime between May 30 and Friday in the 1000 block of Gibson Road.
• Brittany Dawn Thomas, 28, was charged Friday with probation violation; resist, obstruct, delay an officer, and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 300 block of Nazareth Home Road, Rockwell.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Brad Scott Bruce, 47, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule III controlled substance in the 3100 block of Mount Hope Church Road.
• A man reported Friday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• Police seized drug paraphernalia Friday in the 100 block of North Shaver Street. A citation was issued.
• Police seized drug paraphernalia and pills Friday in the 700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported Friday a larceny in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Police seized narcotics Friday in the 300 block of Partee Street. A citation was issued.
• A man reported Saturday vandalism in the 1000 block of McKinley Lane.
• Walmart reported Saturday fraud by false pretense in the 300 block of Arlington Street.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny in the 600 block of North Fulton Street.
• A man reported Saturday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Patriot Towing reported Thursday someone stole a vehicle between 1:39 a.m. Thursday and 3 p.m. Saturday from behind the building in the 2900 block of South Main Street.
• T-Mobile reported Saturday a larceny in the 1300 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny between midnight Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of Glenwood Avenue.
• Christo’s reported Sunday a larceny in the 400 block of East Innes Street.
• Reliable Pawn Shop reported Sunday a larceny in the 100 block of Mooresville Road.
• Cynthia Ladon Jennings, 25, was charged Saturday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• Daniel Joel Chambers, 16, was charged Saturday with felony larceny in the 1400 block of Standish Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253