Someone fires gunshot into home, laundromat
Salisbury Police are trying to find who shot into two buildings in separate incidents, one of which occurred at a local laundromat.
Officials at the Speedwash Laundromat, 124 South Avalon Drive, said someone shot into the building after midnight Thursday. No one was struck, but police are investigating.
A man reported Thursday a bullet fired from an unknown location entered his window and lodged inside his bathroom wall in the 700 block of Wilson Road. He was not injured. The incident occurred around 3:19 p.m. he said.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Thursday a larceny from her automobile in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• A man reported Friday an attempted burglary in the 1400 block of West Monroe Street.
In sheriff’s reports;
• A woman reported Wednesday someone broke the window on her Honda that was parked at her home in the 1100 block of Glover Road.
• Anna Marie Yates, 29, was charged Wednesday with tattooing a person under 18 and arrested at Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Dustin Reid Lackey, 32, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering in the 1000 block of Lackey Lane, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Seventy years ago today, the forces of freedom launched what would become the turning point in World War II. D-Day... read more