Man charged with possession after running from checkpoint
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Authorities charged a Rowan County man with drug possession after he ran from deputies during a license checkpoint in Granite Quarry early Sunday, according to a Sheriff’s Office report.
Jamal Rashad Herring, 27, was charged with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer after officers were checking the vehicle for illegal substances.
The checkpoint was at the intersection of North Salisbury Avenue and Timber Run Drive.
He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI, injury to personal property, possessing an open container of alcohol and possession of a controlled substance schedule I.
Herring remained in the Rowan County Detention Center on Tuesday under a $4,000 secured bond.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Friday someone took a trailer and lawnmower from the property in the 300 block of Pine Valley Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone took items from her home in the 3400 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone pointed a gun at her in China Grove.
• A woman reported Friday she was assaulted in the 400 block of Correll Loop Road.
• A man reported Friday a larceny from a building in the 300 block of Webb Road.
• A man reported Friday prescription medications were stolen from the 1500 block of East Ridge Road.
• A woman reported Friday items were taken from her residence in the 2600 block of Millbridge Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported Friday her cell phone was stolen while she in the jail from the 1000 block of Archer Acres Drive.
• A woman reported Friday her home was broken into in the 300 block of Geter Road, Woodleaf.
• A man reported Friday a burglary in the 6700 block of Mooresville Road.
• A woman reported Friday items were taken from her wrecked car in the 1000 block of Recovery Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Friday a burglary in the 700 block of Shue Road.
• Utilipath reported Saturday credit card fraud occurred sometime between April 16 and Saturday in the 6000 block of East NC 152, Rockwell and the 2000 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary into a vacant home in the 1000 block of Howell Road.
• A man reported Sunday his firearm was stolen from the 2900 block of Rockwell Road.
• A man reported Sunday someone took items from his building and a vehicle in the 500 block of St. Stephens Church Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported Sunday two dirt bikes were stolen from the 1700 block of NC 153, China Grove.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 1200 block of South Main Street, Granite Quarry.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 200 block of Verlen Drive.
• Robert Lee Mobley, 45, was charge Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 900 block of Sprinkler Drive, Landis.
• Michael Dean Agnew, 42, was charged Friday with fugitive from justice after he was released from the state prison system and wanted in Florida.
• Derick Scott Moore, 28, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 4500 block of Mooresville Road. • Curtis Luther Dalton, 25, was charged Saturday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, 21, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Sherita Lashanda Cowan, 34, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor child abuse in the 2500 block of East Innes Street.
• Gerald Woodson Page, 41, was charged with driving while license revoked in the 100 block of Richfield Road, Richfied.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Monday a vandalism in the 300 block of Messner Street.
• Salisbury Community Development reported Monday a vandalism in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole items from her office sometime between May 22 and Monday in the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole a bicycle in the 1400 block of Old Wilkesboro Road.
• Sacoya Nyeshia Simpson, 18, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• Deborah Wagoner Holshouser, 60, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor larceny in the 700 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Jessica Lorea Gibbons, 19, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
• Alonzo Ivery Gibson, 38, was charged Monday with felony prevent the activation of a shoplifting device, two counts misdemeanor larceny, two counts misdemeanor second-degree trespass and misdemeanor vandalism.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.