Police: Someone set fire to window of home, man injured trying to save cats
Salisbury Police are looking into who set a fire at a Ridge Avenue home overnight Friday. When the owner arrived home he discovered someone had lit a piece of paper on fire and stuck it in his window from the outside.
There was considerable smoke damage inside the house and a set of bamboo blinds were damaged. The incident occurred sometime between 10 p.m. Friday and 2:45 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue. The man fell and hit his head while searching for his cats. He was not seriously injured.
In other police reports:
• The city of Salisbury reported a vandalism Thursday in the 200 block of Mitchell Avenue.
• A vandalism occurred Friday in the 200 block of Lash Drive at Lakewood Apartments.
• Chambers Realty reported Friday a window was damaged in the 1300 block of Short Street.
• A man reported a larceny Friday in the 300 block of West Thomas Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Friday in the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported a burglary that occurred sometime between 11:50 p.m. Friday and 4:50 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Horah Street.
• A woman reported a vandalism in the 100 block of Elmwood Drive.
• A woman reported a burglary Saturday in the 500 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A man reported a robbery Sunday in the 1800 block of Harrison Road.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 800 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday someone took the tailgate from his vehicle in the 300 block of Rowan Mill Road.
• A man reported someone tried to break into his property Sunday in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported someone entered his vehicle Sunday at took his iPad and an iPod in the 2300 block of West Innes Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Sunday from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Freeland Drive.
• A man reported a burglary occurred sometime between 12 p.m. Saturday and 4:43 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Benjamin Drive.
• Makeba Beatty Lovell, 42, was charged with misdemeanor child abuse, police said after she disciplined her 14-year-old in the 800 block of South Church Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• Two students at Southeast Middle School pulled the fire alarm Thursday at the school, 1570 Peeler Road.
• A man reported a fraud incident occurred sometime between April 16 and May 8 in the 10400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported a burglary occurred sometime between May 7 and May 8 in the 1800 block of Agner Road.
• A man reported an assault May 8 in the 1100 block of Carter Loop Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported a domestic disturbance Thursday in the 200 block of Miller Road.
• A woman reported Thursday someone forced their way into her home in the 1900 block of Kluttz Road.
• A woman reported Thursday someone broke a window and removed a TV from her home in the 300 block of Rainey Road.
• A man reported his property was broken into Thursday in the 9200 block of Fisher Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported her back door was broken into Thursday and electronic items were taken from her home in the 800 block of Lakeview Road.
• A woman reported a breaking and entering occurred Thursday in the 200 block of St. Matthews Church Road.
• A woman reported someone used her vehicle without her authorization in the 9000 block of Mann Road, Kannapolis.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
• Melissa Jeanette Ritchie, 33, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault.
SALISBURY — Bobbi Rae Moose’s handmade soap at the Simple Living festival looked and smelled so good, you almost wish... read more