Police: Woman accused of cutting boyfriend with box cutter, in jail
Published 12:00 am Thursday, May 8, 2014
A Salisbury woman remains in the county jail a week after authorities said she cut her boyfriend with a box cutter during a domestic altercation at the corner of West Fisher and Lloyd streets.
The Salisbury Police charged Pamela Evette Alexander, 50, of the 1400 block of West Horah Street, Monday with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. She remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $75,000 secured bond.
Investigators said on April 30 Alexander used a box cutter on her boyfriend, who was allegedly seeing another woman. Police said initially all of those involved were not cooperative, including the victim. He was cut across the neck and taken to the hospital. He has since cooperated with investigators. The other woman received a nick on her upper lip. In 2006, Alexander was convicted of felony cocaine possession.
In other police reports:
• A man reported an assault Tuesday in the 1400 block of Majolica Road.
• A woman reported a break-in Tuesday in the 700 block of Wilson Road.
• A woman reported money was stolen from a vehicle Tuesday in the 700 block of South Fulton Street.
• A woman reported Wednesday her vehicle was stolen in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• James Arthur Walker Jr., 43, was charged Tuesday with possession of schedule III (Diazepam) in the 100 block of West Council and North Church streets while driver Antonio Black, 33, was charged with misdemeanor driving while licensed revoked.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Two juveniles used marijuana and it had negative effects with their prescription medications. They were taken to the hospital, treated and released Monday in the 500 block of Kern Carlton Road.
• Darien Fritz McCallum, 20, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at Main Street and US 29-A, China Grove.
• Steven Le Vo, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 100 block of Chapel Court.
• Daniel Alexander Morton, 22, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI at US 29, China Grove.
• Peter John Schnur, 24, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor driving while impaired at US 29, Columbus Street, China Grove.
• Jacob Anthony Shaw, 27, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 11700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Kelly Beth Hoce, 28, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 500 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.