Posters, Wednesday, May 7
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• 10th appreciation services for pastors Chavis and Lady Tosha Maxwell 7 p.m. Friday with Chris Huffstetler of OneChurch, Greensboro; 11 a.m. Saturday Norman Goodes of New Beginning; concludes 7 p.m. with Jamaine Smith of First Baptist, Kannapolis. At New Beginning Church Of God, 5717 Alexander Road, Concord.
• Sheriff’s Relay For Life Celebration fundraiser begins 6 a.m. Saturday at Rowan County Fairground. Gospel concert begins 1 p.m., featuring Strings of Victory, Darrell Connor and the Country Legends, By His Blood, Michael Thomas “Elvis,” Heirline, Driven. Food sold throughout the day, also silent auction.
• 19th annual Juneteenth festival, June 14. Held at Kelsey Park, 1920 Old Wilkesboro Road. Musicians, performers; food or merchandise vendors; apply to Connie Campbell 704-957-8125 or Jill Burch 704-267-2567.
• Jersey City Neighborhood 10th annual reunion July 12. Held in memory of David Campbell. Vendors, talent, entertainment needed. Call Marvin Shaw 704-202-3952, Sherry Hawthorne 704-499-1197.
• A Night of Royalty presented by Eloganze May 24, Elks Lodge, South Main Street, 9 p.m.
• The Pride of Salisbury Elks Lodge 1774 sponsoring trip to Cherokee casino May 10; bus leaving from Salisbury Mall (West End Plaza) from former Belk parking lot at 6:30 a.m. Leaves Cherokee at 5 p.m. Call Willie Graham, 704-232-4441; $40, get $20 back.