Police cite two with traffic infractions and marijuana possession
Salisbury Police cited two people with misdemeanor drug possession and seized 8 grams of marijuana during a Friday morning traffic stop. An officer stopped a Chevrolet Impala at the corner of East Bank and South Lee streets around 11:40 a.m. after learning the license plate was expired.
The officer noted in a report he could smell marijuana coming from the car.
The driver, Marquise Weddington, 22, of Granite Quarry, was issued a citation for driving with an expired registration plate and driving while license revoked. The passenger, Paul Jones III, 21, of Salisbury, was cited for possession of a controlled schedule VI substance and possession of an open container, both misdemeanors.
The officer noticed an opened Keystone beer can on the floor of the passenger’s side where Jones was sitting. The officer also saw a marijuana blunt lying on the door handle holder. The officer located a plastic clear bag containing marijuana inside Jones’ front pocket.
He is expected in court June 25 for a number of 2013 charges for the following: two counts of resist, delay, obstruct a public officer, two counts of injury to personal property, reckless driving, assault on a female, three counts communicating threats and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Friday someone stole her firearm from her vehicle in the 200 block of Claymont Drive.
• A woman reported a larceny Friday in the 1200 block of North Main Street.
• Kimbrell’s Furniture reported a vandalism in the 800 block of Mitchell Avenue and Lincolnton Road.
• A man reported a larceny Friday in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• Police seized marijuana Friday in the 500 block of Brenner Avenue and Standish Street.
• A woman reported Saturday someone took her scooter without permission in the 400 block of West Henderson Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 200 block of Johnson Street.
• Landmark Family Restaurant reported Saturday someone entered through a hole in the back wall of the building in the 1600 South Main Street.
• Walmart reported Saturday someone stole $1,000 from a cashier at the store in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• A woman reported Saturday someone attempted to force her front door while she wasn’t home in the 500 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 300 block of Imperial Drive.
• A man reported Sunday his vehicle was stolen in the 800 block of South Railroad Street.
• A mental subjected assaulted a police officer Sunday while at the hospital in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• A woman reported Sunday being pushed and punched in the leg in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• Tiffaney Sanchez was charged Saturday with simple possession of marijuana in the 100 block of Tar Branch Park.
• Dominque Alexis Everhart, 22, was charged Saturday with felony possession of a controlled scheduled II substance in the 1900 block of East Innes Street.
• Xavier Shykeem Simpson, 16, was charged Sunday with simple assault in the 600 block of East Innes Street.
• April Olivia Lomax, 32, was charged Sunday with simple assault in the 1900 block of Welch Road.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported May 1 someone damaged his vehicle trying to get inside it in the 100 block of Redbird Lane, Rockwell.
• A man reported May 1 someone broke into his camper and stole beer and two flat screen TVs in the 100 block of Hickory Hollow Lane
• A man reported May 1 someone broke into his camper and stole beer and two flat screen TVs and tried to steal a third in the 200 block of Hickory Hollow Lane.
• A woman reported May 1 someone took recreational items from a vacation property in the 300 block of Calvert Road.
• A man reported May 1 someone broke into his property, took case and other personal items in the 200 block of China Grove Road.
• A woman reported May 1 someone took items from a vehicle in the 6300 block of Goldfish Road, Kannapolis.
• Daniel David Brouillette, 44, May 1 with felony failing to register as a sex offender.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Sunday’s fifth annual Buck Hurley Triathlon saw new records for participation by children, and new records set out... read more