Man charged after trying to force his way into home
Published 12:00 am Saturday, April 26, 2014
Authorities charged a Kannapolis man Wednesday with trying to break into a Rockwell home he claimed was his own. The homeowner called after hearing a man shouting to “come out and meet your maker” and trying to force his way into the Organ Church Road home.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Lester Caulder Jr., 35, with misdemeanor attempted breaking and entering. Caulder appeared disoriented and intoxicated, a report said.
Deputies asked Caulder where he’d been earlier and he said in China Grove drinking. Officials say he did not gain entry into the home. The homeowners were at home at the time and both said they didn’t know Caulder, despite his insistence that they did.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Wayne Brothers Inc. reported industrial equipment was taken from the business sometime between April 13 and Wednesday in the 100 block of Ervin Woods Drive, Kannapolis.
• A man reported his business was broken into Wednesday and items were taken in the 1100 block of South Chapel Street, Kannapolis.
• Eric Brandon Teigue, 27, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI and misdemeanor driving while impaired during a checkpoint where deputies found narcotics in the 1100 block of Long Ferry Road.
• Justin Frank Gribble, 24, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI at the 8500 block of West N.C. 152, Mooresville.
• James Allen Kelly,36, was charged Wednesday with felony uttering a forged instrument in the 81000 block of North Interstate 85.
• David James Garland, 22, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Jeremy Lee Jacobs, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct a public officer in the 400 block of Scout Road.
In police reports:
• A man reported Thursday his home was broken into and someone had rummaged through some drawers n the 400 block of Price Street.
• A man reported someone stole his pistol Thursday from his vehicle in the 100 block of Old Concord Road.
• Livingstone College is investigating a shooting that occurred Friday morning at College Park Apartments in the 1700 block of Old Wilkesboro Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.