Five things to do this weekend
1. Saturday: Visit the free Kaleidoscope Cultural Arts Festival and Art Walk from noon to 4 p.m. in downtown Kannapolis.
2. Saturday: Take an old thing to the Antiques Appraisal Fair at the Spencer Doll & Toy Museum, 108 4th St., between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. $5 per item, limit two, www.spencerdollandtoymuseum.com
3. Saturday: Let your local emergency responders know you appreciate them at the third annual First Responders Day from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Family fun, food and games at Northgate Church, 1255 W. Ridge Road, 704-633-7063.
4. Saturday: Check out the nifty old glassware at the Piedmont Bottle and Pottery Club’s eighth annual antique bottle show and sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Salisbury Civic Center. Free admission, free parking, free appraisal. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Celebrate books at one of two places — or both. The Livingstone College Children’s Book Festival runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Campus Green of Livingstone College; and the Rowan Reading Rendezvous goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rowan Public Library, 201 W. Fisher St.
Twenty minutes and 30 seconds was the amount of time Salisbury High School students Ronald Robinson and Jada Cuff needed... read more