• 39°

Rowan weather: April showers for Saturday

So much for a lovely spring weekend. Well, it will still be a spring weekend since April showers bring May flowers.
Look for cloudy skies today with a high near 58. Tonight, rain moves in with a low of of 46. There’s a 70 percent chance of rain, with up to half an inch expected.
Saturday, blah. Rain likely, high only around 58, Northeast wind from 10-14 mph, with gusts to 21 mph. Another 70 percent chance of rain. Saturday night, the rain should taper off to a 30 percent chance, with a low of 47.
Sunday, Easter Sunday, the National Weather Service says mostly sunny with a high near 67 and north northeast winds 11-15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Better hold on to your Easter bonnet.
Sunday night, partly cloudy with a low of 46.
Monday starts the week well with mostly sunny skies and a high near 71, but look for clouds to roll in Monday night with a low around 52.
There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday with a high near 76. That 30 percent chance lingers overnight Tuesday with a low of 52.
At this point the prediction for Wednesday is sunny and 74, with Thursday mostly sunny and 74.

Comments

Comments closed.

Coronavirus

First dose COVID-19 vaccinations up to 24% in Rowan County

Crime

Blotter: April 22

Crime

Lawsuit: Salisbury Police, Rowan Sheriff’s Office tore woman’s shoulder during traffic stop

Business

‘Believe me, they’ll be fresh’: Patterson Farm welcomes strawberry crop

Local

City appoints more members to boards, commissions, with 9 seats left to be filled

News

Virtual play groups the new norm at Smart Start

Local

City meets in closed session to consult with attorney on two ongoing litigation cases

Education

Summit takes art out of the classroom, into the student’s home

Education

Education briefs: Gene Haas Foundation donates $12,500 to RCCC

Business

County’s restaurant grant program dishes out funding to eight local eateries

High School

High school football: Yow out as South head coach

Education

Shoutouts

Local

City moves forward on greenway extension, traffic signal upgrades

Business

State broadband survey could help fund local infrastructure

Education

Happy Roots adds to programming with Bic recycling program

Education

RCCC small business center partners 53 Ideas Pitch Competition

Nation/World

Sheriff: Deputy fatally shot Black man while serving warrant

Nation/World

Garland announces sweeping police probe after Floyd verdict

Crime

District attorney won’t bring charges against former Salisbury officer depicted in K-9 video

Coronavirus

Cooper plans to lift gathering, distancing limits by June 1

Crime

Convicted sex offender charged with having child pornography

Crime

Rowan County woman faces drug crimes for gas station incident

Crime

Blotter: Thousands of dollars in lumber taken from Newsome Road house

Local

Locals react to Chauvin verdict, reflect on work still to do