Five things to do this weekend, April 18-20
1. Go right now to Earth Night Out! Tonight from 5-9 p.m. Free family fun in Downtown Salisbury.
2. Experience Friday Night Bluegrass at CJ’s BBQ, 210 Old Amity Hill Road, Cleveland, starting at 6:30 p.m. tonight.
3. Saturday: Enjoy the planetarium show ‘Sunlight and Shadows’ from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Margaret C. Woodson Planetarium, 1636 Parkview Circle, 704-639-3004.
4. Saturday: Hear Randy Stonehill in concert Saturday at The Inn, 1012 Mooresville Road (tickets $10) or the Tony Bailey Band at Nashville Nights, 125-127 E. Innes St., or Pipapelli Blues at Uncle Buck’s, 127 S. Main St.
5. Saturday: Take in the Kenneth Koskela exhibit at Rail Walk Studios and Gallery, 409 N. Lee St. or see “Mosaics in the Garden,” sculptures by Jeannette Brossart, at Waterworks Visual Arts Center, 123 E. Liberty St.
With Easter coming up Sunday, local and state government offices and other institutions have scheduled a holiday day off. Good... read more