Man in Rowan jail gets charges from Guilford County
Guilford County authorities tacked on more charges for a man being held in the Rowan County jail for his alleged involvement in a Hickory jewelry store robbery earlier this year.
Xavier Alexander Onwuka, 21, was being held for another law enforcement agency and is being charged additionally with felony breaking and entering by Guilford officials.
In January, three men robbed the jewelry store in Hickory who had robbed a jewelry store in Statesville in December, authorities say. Onwuka is one of those suspects.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• James Quincy Reid, 37, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• Anthony Derek Steele, 22, was charged Monday felony possession of a firearm by a felony in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Hez Kemerium Ke Trein Krider, 34, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Tuesday someone took items from his vehicle while parked at the Comfort Suites in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone vandalized Sally’s Beauty Shop in the 800 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported Tuesday someone took his vehicle in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday a vandalism occurred in the 600 block of West Bank Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday larceny from a vehicle that occurred in the 700 block of Brownrigg Road.
• Maranatha Bible Church reported Tuesday a vandalism occurred there in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported Tuesday a larceny from her vehicle that was parked in the Food Lion parking lot in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny from his car that occurred in the 200 block of West Thomas Street.
• Hbd Thermoid Industries reported Tuesday a larceny from the building in the 100 block of Thermoid Way.
• A woman reported Tuesday a simple assault occurred in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• Tyra Xavier Parks, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Jaquese Antone Howie, 20, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor child abuse in the 600 block of East Lafayette Street.