Police looking for woman they say stole a purse in Lexington, withdrew cash in Salisbury
Police are looking for a woman they say stole a purse in Lexington and used information in it to withdraw money from a Salisbury bank.
The car was broken into March 31 while parked at South Lexington Elementary School. The thief stole a purse and withdrew $1,500 from the victim’s bank account at State Employees Credit Union on Mooresville Road, police say.
The thief was possibly driving a gold Dodge Caravan.
Investigators ask with information about the crime to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
In other police reports:
• A teen reported a larceny April 4 that occurred at Salisbury High School in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A woman reported a larceny April 4 that she believes occurred sometime between Feb. 28 and April 1 in the 200 block of West 12th Street.
• A woman reported a burglary April 4 in the 1400 block of West Monroe Street.
• A man reported a fraud incident April 4 in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• 5 & 10 Good Stuff reported an April 4 larceny in the 200 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 1000 block of Newsome Road and Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported a motor vehicle theft on Saturday in the 1100 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Kmart reported a misdemeanor larceny on Saturday at its store in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported Sunday an assault with a gun in the 300 block of Partee Street.
• A man reported Sunday someone took automobile accessories in the 1400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Sunday in the 400 block of West Henderson Street.
• Walmart reported on Sunday a fraud by false pretense incident that the store says occurred between March 24 and March 31.
• Three 14-year-olds threw rocks at Voodoo Ink Tattoo Sunday in the 100 block of East Innes and Lee streets.
• Auto Zone reported a Sunday larceny in the 300 block of East Innes Street.
• Woodleaf Bowling Lanes reported theft from a coin-operated device in the 1800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Daniel Perez Gutierrez, 25, was charged April 4 with misdemeanor child abuse after he spanked his 3-year-old, leaving marks and bruises.
• Daquan Cornelius Lewis, 600 block of Cherry Street, was wanted on a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms federal indictment for possession of an unregistered firearm and was charged April 4 with felony fugitive from justice.
• Harry Melton Miller, 65, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI and driving while impaired in the 1900 block of South Main Street.
• Shawn Leo Lecuyer Kingsbury, 30, was served warrants from Florida, was charged Saturday with felony fugitive from justice in the 1400 block of Klumac Road.
• Samuel Andre Brown, 33, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of East Innes Street.
In Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Imperial Corporation on Litton Drive, reported a possible theft on April 3.
• A man reported April 3 someone used his social security number to obtain a state driver’s license.
• A woman reported April 3 someone scammed her out of money for a car on Craigslist.
• Rick’s Discount Tool Outlet on Mooresville Road reported an April 3 metal theft that occurred overnight.
• A man reported an assault April 3 in the 1100 block of Crescent Road. Randi Michelle Pearson, 31, was charged with simple assault.
• A woman reported April 3 someone stole her wallet out of her vehicle that was parked in the 900 block of Kevin Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Kenneth Paxton, 36, was charged April 3 with felony habitual felon.
• Javier Omar Castro, 29, and Fransisco Javier Castro Torres, 52, were charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 5300 block of Mooresville Road.