Police arrest man in connection to South Jackson Street break-in
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police arrested Anthony Derrick Steele Jr., 22, of Overbrook Road, Friday night on warrants charging him with breaking into a building at 910 S. Jackson St.
The break-in occurred March 30, according to reports.
Steele also was charged with larceny of a firearm and vandalism to property.
Reports indicate Steele was picked up at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center about 7:42 a.m.
He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under $50,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported property stolen from his car in the 200 block of South Link Avenue between midnight and 8:20 a.m. Thursday.
• A woman reported a larceny Thursday at Rowan Family Physicians on Julian Road.
• A Lakewood Drive man reported being a victim of identity fraud between noon Tuesday and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• An Admiral Drive woman reported being a victim of fraud on Wednesday.
• Applebee’s Bar & Grill on Faith Road reported being defrauded around midnight Wednesday.
• Cailyn Scott Roseberry, 20, of the 300 block of Institute Street, was charged with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported someone stole a deer stand Wednesday from the 600 block of Barber Road in Gold Hill.
• A woman reported her pocketbook stolen Wednesday at a playground in the 6800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Edward Ross Phifer, 23, of the 3700 block of Millbridge Road, was charged with felony indecent liberties with children.
• Brandy Leonard Hill, 22, was charged with felony taking/obtaining financial transaction card.
• Deborah Robinson Williams, 44, of the 200 block of Hoofprint Trail, Mount Ulla, was charged with misdemeanor allowing a vicious animal to run at large.
• Casey Adam Miller, 24, of the 200 block of Hoofprint Trail, Mount Ulla was charged with misdemeanor allowing an animal to run at large.