Spencer honors residents with community appearance awards
SPENCER — The Spencer’s Community Appearance Commission recently honored residents for working to make the town beautiful.
The Albert Stout Award went to Kenneth and Betty Goodson of 328 McCubbins St., who received a special certificate and will have their names engraved on a plaque in Town Hall.
At the March 25 banquet, the commission presented certificates and described all of the winning houses and yards, with photos.
Winners of the Spencer CAC awards:
• Vicki Holtz, 111 Second St.
• Jeremi Carter, 702 Third St.
• Jonathan and Meredith Williams, 12 Beauregard Drive
• The late Cleo and Viola Grubb, 501 Charles St.
• Donald and Doris Walser, 613 Eighth St.
• Pam Whitley, 401 Pinecroft Lane
• Susan Morgan, 115 W. 17th St.
• Pastor Richard and Wanda Gross, 115 Charles St.
• Don and Anita Heggins, 916 S. Yadkin Ave.
• Tony and Carol Clawson, 113 Seventh St.
• Kim Lentz, 406 Oakwood Drive
• Frank and Sylvia Bailey, 215 11th St.
• Arthur and Shirley Kluttz, 806 S. Carolina Ave.
• Van and Joy Kelly, 11 Beauregard Drive
• Jimmy House, 210 W. 17th St.
SPENCER — Located in the former Southern Railway Spencer Shops, originally built in 1896, one might think there would be... read more