Free business seminars planned for Chamber of Commerce trade show
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Chamber of Commerce will offer free business seminars for entrepreneurs or existing businesses during the May 1 Trade Show.
The show will be held at the Event Center, 315 Webb Road. Reservations for the seminars are required at 704-633-4221.
• 9 a.m. — Social Media Marketing 101 for Small Businesses. Tara Van Geons, digital sales specialist for the Salisbury Post, will explain how to make social media “connect” for your business. New tools and ways to grow your business. How to define a strategy and create a plan before taking the plunge into social media. The most common mistakes.
• 9 a.m. — Secrets to Successful Website Marketing. Maia Smith, owner of Maia’s Fashions and Renu Derma, will guide listeners through successful website marketing. Gain an understanding of the importance of having a professionally built and maintained website. Learn to use the power of Google Plus to increase Web presence. Hear how blogging and press releases can help business grow. Get writing tips.
• 10 a.m. — Funding Your Business with SBA Loans, David White with Bank of North Carolina.
• 11 a.m. — How to do business with the city of Salisbury and Rowan County. Anna Bumgarner with the city of Salisbury and David Sifford with Rowan County review how to become a vendor with local government. They will share what services and products are outsourced and the application process.
• 11 a.m. — Improving profits by knowing thy numbers. Don Coggins with Coggins Financial will explain the true cost of running a business. What makes money and what takes dollars away from profitability. A discussion on what functions in the office are keeping you from making the next sales call. Learn how prioritizing your day will get maximum results during key contact hours, what your break-even point is, when you have covered your business cost, and when you have become profitable.
• 1 p.m. — Speed Networking for Business People. Cathy Griffin of Century 21 Towne & Country leads a fun hour of Speed Networking. Build business relationships in a fast and fun way. Get to know each person in 5 minutes or less. Bring your business cards. Doors close and orientation starts at 1:10 p.m.
• 1 p.m. — Linked In For Business. Tracey Browning, CEO of Outreach Strategic Marketing, will explain why a strong presence on LinkedIn is a must for all businesses and business people. Get found, stand out and connect with ideal clients and businesses on the No. 1 business network in the world.