Hotel guest reports robbery at knifepoint
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, March 25, 2014
A man told police he was awakened early Sunday at a local motel and robbed at knifepoint.
The 37-year-old victim was asleep in his room at the Days Inn on Bendix Drive when someone came in around 2:30 a.m. and took $600 from him, a report said.
The thief walked into the room with the victim’s co-worker, officials say.
The victim described the thief as a black man around 6 feet tall and 200 pounds with long dreadlocks. He wore a hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
• A Salisbury man reported a larceny from his car that occurred March 21 in the 700 block of S. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A Salisbury woman reported the back passenger side door had been broken and items were taken from her car sometime between March 20 around 11:30 p.m. and March 21 around 7:45 a.m. in the 700 block of Hall Street.
• A man reported someone took items from his car March 21 in the 1200 block of West Fisher Street.
• Someone broke a window and took items from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road early Friday.
• A man reported on Friday someone broke into his vehicle in the 500 block of Vance Avenue.
• Someone stole brake pads from a loading dock at Transource Inc., 1400 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., sometime between 6:30 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday.
• A Salisbury woman reported a larceny from her vehicle in the 1600 block of Standish Street, likely between 10 p.m. March 20 and 6:30 a.m. March 21.
• A Salisbury man reported a vandalism occurred in the 1100 block of Crosby Street sometime between March 1 and March 17.
• A woman reported someone broke into her home located in the 300 block of Ackert Avenue on March 21.
• A woman reported someone tried to break into her Keystone Drive home between 2 p.m. and 9:54 p.m. March 21.
• Responding to a disturbance in the 500 block of East Innes Street, police charged Rodney George Withers, 18, of the 1300 block of Old Wilkesboro Road, with resist, delay, obstruct a public officer, simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, and profane language on a public street, all misdemeanors.
• A man reported a larceny from his vehicle in the 1200 block of Standish Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday a trespassing and simple assault in the 700 block of East Innes Street.
• A scooter was reported stolen Saturday from a driveway in the 1200 block of North Main Street.
• A man reported someone stole his vehicle from the 200 block of Carolina Boulevard, Salisbury between 7:30 p.m. March 21 and 11 a.m. March 22.
• Someone threw a rock and broke a window around 3 p.m. Saturday at the Westridge Apartments on Donner Drive.
• A Salisbury woman reported an assault occurred Saturday in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported thieves stole items from his vehicle in the 2000 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard between 8:30 p.m. Friday and noon Saturday.
• A woman reported a larceny from her vehicle Friday in the 600 block of West Monroe Street.
• Justice Unique Williams, 20, of the 800 block of Fifth Street, Spencer, was charged with simple possession of marijuana and felony probation violation. He was issued a $5,500 secured bond.
• Police charged a North Main Street couple following a domestic dispute. Sandy Tyrone Herndon, 51, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female. Stacey Evette Butler Nicholson, 43, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault. She was hit in the face and he was kicked in the leg during an argument. Both were held without bond since the incident was domestic.
• A woman reported an assault occurred in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue on Sunday.
• A man reported cars were vandalized in the 200 block of American Drive between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
• A man reported someone vandalized a 2004 Cadillac Deville on the lot at J & J Parts and Auto Center on Bringle Ferry Road between 4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday.
• A woman reported an assault by her boyfriend on Sunday in the 600 block of South Ellis Street.
• A woman reported a burglary in the 1200 block of Old Wilkesboro Road on Sunday.
• A bicycle was stolen Sunday in the 1400 block of Van Nuys Street.
• Moose Pharmacy reported on Sunday someone tried to force their way into the business on West Innes St.
• A man reported a vandalism that occurred Sunday in the 800 block of Green Street.
• Baris Anthony Alexander, 30, was charged Saturday in the 400 block of Grim Street with misdemeanor assault on a female.
• Michael Dickert Osborne, 26, was charged Saturday in the 200 block of West Kerr Street with felony larceny by servant or employees.
• A Salisbury woman reported someone stole a TV from a home in the 1800 block of St. Paul’s Church Road between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. March 20.
• A China Grove woman reported a larceny March 20 in the 600 block of Corriher Gravel Road.
• Jamie Aaron Russell, 47, was charged with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 8100 block of Freeze Road, Kannapolis.
• Phillip Randall Hoffner, 26, was charged March 20 with felony forgery and uttering in the 11300 block of Old Concord Road, Rockwell.
• Jason Avery Windham, 28, was charged March 20 with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Moore Village Road, Rockwell.
• John Thomas Hipps, 51, and Selina Tanyle Locklear, 30, were charged March 20 with felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance.
• Jereme Kegan Bates, 24, was charged March 20 with felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance.
• Officials picked up Randy Houze, 43, on a felony governor’s warrant March 20.
• Daquon Marquis Martin, 22, was charged March 20 with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 6000 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• Christopher Benjamin Burgess, 27, was charged March 20 with felony serious injury by vehicle in the 6100 block of Woodleaf Road.