For the second annual NC Beer Month, April 2014, the state Division of Tourism, the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority and NoDa Brewing are partnering on the Brewmaster Experience sweepstakes, which features a two-night stay in Charlotte and an opportunity to create a beer recipe for production at NoDa Brewing.
“Thousands of beer lovers will visit North Carolina in April for special events and travel deals offered by our breweries and destination partners,” said Wit Tuttell, executive director of the North Carolina Division of Tourism, Film & Sports Development.
The sweepstakes entry form can be found at NCBeerMonth.com. The sweepstakes is open from now until April 30, when NC Beer Month ends. One winner will be selected at random to receive a prize that includes:
• Two nights at Aloft Charlotte Uptown in the EpiCentre for the winner and a guest.
• Two days working with the NoDa staff to create a 10-gallon batch of beer for the brewery’s NoDable series.
• Chance to name the beer and create a video to be posted with its release.
• Two Charlotte Brews Cruise vouchers, a $75 gift card from Black Finn American Saloon, a $50 gift card from Growlers Pourhouse and a $500 Visa gift card to help get the winner to Charlotte.
NC Beer Month, co-sponsored by the Division of Tourism and the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild, celebrates craft beer culture and the destinations where it thrives. Brewery participants include Durham’s Fullsteam, owned by a James Beard award nominee; Asheville’s Wicked Weed, a Gold Medal winner at the 2013 Great American Beer Festival; and Oskar Blues Brevard. Throughout April, visitors can experience tours, tastings, dinners and other events as well as lodging packages and deals on North Carolina craft beer. Highlights include:
• Lodging packages in Asheville, Blowing Rock, Sylva and Raleigh.
• Cask on Fools, an April 1 cask festival featuring 15 Raleigh-area breweries at their most creative.
• Kinston Beer Weekend, which includes a beer dinner, a barbecue, Oysters & Beer Bash, a Neuse River Brews Cruise and breakfast on the world’s only full-size replica of a Confederate ironclad.
• World Beer Festival Raleigh with 30 North Carolina breweries among the 250 from around the world.
• 20th anniversary celebration at Highland Brewing in Asheville, which includes a Scotch Ale release to launch a “20 Beers for 20 Years” series.
North Carolina is home to 100 breweries, which places the state in the top 10 nationally. To learn more about April’s statewide celebration, visit NCBeerMonth.com.
District Court Judge Kevin Eddinger did not give in to the pleas of the attorney representing DaJuan Russell, a 17-year-old... read more