• Presidents’ Day
• Peaceful rally about Rowan Animal Shelter, 4:30-7 p.m. outside Rowan Co. Admin. Bldg., 130 W. Innes St.
• Know Your Numbers: Understanding Blood Pressure, 6 p.m., Gateway Building, 2nd floor conference room, 204 E. Innes St., light refreshments. Free, RSVP to 704-403-1042.
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 6 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
• Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
• Spencer Historic Preservation Commission, 7 p.m., Spencer Town Hall.
• Cannon School hosts Upper School information session, 10 a.m., 5801 Poplar Tent Road, Concord. Pre-register at www.cannonschool.org/openhouse
• Rowan Senior Democrats, 1 p.m., RPL Hurley Room, 201 W. Fisher St. with Robert Van Geons, exec. dir. of RowanWorks, on “How we try to grow Jobs HERE.”
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• VFW Post 9131, 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, Commander Hercules Shannon 704-798-2032.
• American Legion, Faith Post 327, 7 p.m., Commander Kevin Cauble, 704-279-1430.
• The Rowan Tea Party Patriots will meet 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Blue Bay Seafood Restaurant, 2050 Statesville Blvd. Open to the public. Dinner and conversation from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Main meeting starts at 7 p.m. Local elected officials and candidates often speak. Vince Coakley for Congress, N.C. 12th District, will be there.
• SRCVB Board Members: SRCVB Board Meeting at noon and Destination Capital Committee Meeting at 11:30 a.m. will be held. Gateway Bldg., 204 E. Innes St.
• Rowan Museum Board of Trustees, 4 p.m., 202 N. Main St.
• TLC Support Group for widows/widowers, Powles Funeral Home, 913 W. Main St., Rockwell. Contact Russ Roakes for details 704-279-7241.
• Salisbury/Rowan Newcomer club hosts Mickey Black of Salisbury Emporium. 10:30 a.m., Salisbury Civic Center.
• Technical Review Committee for the City of Salisbury, 9 a.m., Plaza seminar room, 100 West Innes St.
• Salisbury Rowan Human Relations Council, 5:30 p.m., City Office Building, 132 N. Main St., 2nd Floor, 704-638-5217, email@example.com, www.srhrc.org
• Us Too! International prostate education and support group, 5:30 p.m. RRMC patient tower fourth floor, Clay classroom, 704-642-2471.
• Eureka Lodge #45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 7040-798-2032.
• Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 8989, 7 p.m., 2500 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, Mike Golembiowski Commander, 704-933-6186.
• Moonshine/Nascar Connection: Myth Or Reality, 6:30 p.m., Country Club of Salisbury. RSVP to Gerry at 704-216-2660.
• Civil War Collectors Show 5-8 p.m., buy-sell-trade, $5 admission, kids under 12 free. Hotel Salisbury (formerly Holiday Inn), 530 Jake Alexander Blvd., 704-463-5439.
• Charity breakfast by Cannon Memorial Lodge, 6-11 a.m., $7 all-you-can-eat, www.cml626.org or Facebook.
• Carolina Alpaca Celebration, Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, 4751 Hwy. 49, 8 a.m. -5 p.m., www.carolinalpacafarms.org or www.cabarrusarena.com
• Civil War Collectors Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m., buy-sell-trade, $5 admission, kids under 12 free. Hotel Salisbury (formerly Holiday Inn), 530 Jake Alexander Blvd., 704-463-5439.
• Astronomical Society of Rowan, 7:30 p.m., 1920 Deal Road, Mooresville. Stargazing, weather permitting. Ralph and Alice Deal 704-855-1591 or 704-857-2788.?
• R A Clement Association, 9 a.m., Allen Temple Presbyterian Church, Cleveland, for former students, families, staff , faculty, friends of R. A. Clement High School 1948-1968.
• West Rowan Neighborhood Center Advisory Council, R.A. Clement Old Building/Allen Temple Church. Leonard Hall 704-278-9116 or John Woods, 704-278-0096.
• Carolina Alpaca Celebration, Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, 4751 Hwy. 49 N, www.carolinalpacafarms.org or www.cabarrusarena.com
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.
• Find local arts & entertainment events in the Feb. 13 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment>Time Out>Roundabout What’s Happening Feb. 13-19]
SALISBURY — When the Cooper’s hawk high in the pine tree on South Ellis Street refused to turn around Saturday... read more