6 things to do this weekend
Published 12:00 am Friday, February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine’s Day. Friends and lovers can celebrate all weekend by taking in these events if roads are clear (check back with us later to see if anything has been postponed):
1. Matt Church will be guest host this weekend at Laugh Tracks, Spoken Space Theatre, 405 N. Lee St. Shows are at 8 tonight and 8 and 10 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10.
2. Think spring and take in Waterworks Visual Arts Center’s Spring Exhibition, starting with an opening reception tonight from 6 to 8. It’s free and open to the public. Waterworks is at 123 E. Liberty St.
3. Take in the Concert for Community Collaboration at 7:30 Saturday at First United Methodist Church, 217 S. Church St., featuring baritone Markus Beam and pianist Nancy Johnson.
4. Hear country music singer Darrell Harwood at Nashville Nights, 125-127 E. Innes St., Saturday starting at 9:30 p.m., with Steven James opening.
5. Learn about the history of the Valentine at Rowan Museum, 202 N. Main St., open Friday-Sunday, 1-4 p.m.
6. And don’t forget Piedmont Players’ “The Count of Monte Cristo,” whose opening night was delayed until tonight. The curtain goes up at 7:30 tonight and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. It’s at the Meroney Theatre, 213 S. Main St. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and students.