Delays, closings and cancellations
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 13, 2014
Here are the closings, cancellations and delays reported to the Post by Friday morning:
• “The Count of Monte Cristo” opening performance is tonight at 7:30 p.m. The Meroney box office is open. Call 704-633-5471.
• Both Salisbury locations of First Bank will open at 11 a.m. today.
• The Saleeby Fisher YMCA will at noon to members. There will be no land or water classes or basketball practices.
• The Rowan-Salisbury and Kannapolis City school systems are closed today for students and staff.
• Non-essential city of Salisbury operations, with the exception of the customer service center, one-stop shop for development services and solid-waste (garbage services) will be closed. That includes City Hall, the city office building and all recreation centers. City transit service will not operate.
The customer service center opens at noon. The parking lot and roadways to the center will be clear by noon via Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue from Old Concord Road and Innes Street.
Garbage service will resume midday today once residential streets have been cleared. Trash service will continue throughout the weekend. Please leave your garbage bins at the curb until they’ve been emptied.
Additional weather related information, affecting operations will also be available through the city’s Facebook page and Twitter feed, as well as the City’s website at www.salisburync.gov.
• Two of CLT’s three parallel runways (Runways 18L/36R and 18C/36C) are open and operational. Runway 18R/36L will open later today. More than 100 departing flights from CLT have been cancelled today.
US Airways, a subsidiary of American Airlines, is urging customers to call US Airways reservations to rebook cancelled flights. The airline has asked that passengers do not show up to the airport to rebook their flight.
There are delays due to weather conditions in the Northeast that are impacting other airports. Customers are advised to continue checking with their airlines for updated flight status before leaving to come to the airport.
• City of Concord Transportation crews will work on secondary routes. The public is advised to stay clear of roadways and sidewalks as heavy equipment may be moving through and scattering snow.
All solid waste services are cancelled today. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday customers should leave their carts and bulky waste at the curb until collected. Yard waste collection is suspended for the remainder of the week.
Rider Transit has cancelled service today. Updates about Saturday’s service will be available at ckrider.com or at 704-920-7433.
All city parks and recreation centers are closed.
The runway at Concord Regional Airport will remain closed until crews are able remove snow from the airfield.
• Catawba College is closed and all classes canceled today.
• Rowan-Cabarrus Community College will be closed today and Saturday for students, faculty and staff.
• Livingstone College is closed today.
• North Hills Christian School is closed today.
• Salisbury Academy’s All-Day ASK has been canceled today.
• The Rowan County courthouse will open at 10 a.m. and all courts will begin at 10:30 a.m.
• Rufty-Holmes Senior Center and all Lunch Club sites will be closed today. The Solitaire Valentine’s Breakfast originally planned for this morning will be held at 8:30 a.m. Monday for those who made a prior reservation.
• FirstARTS of First United Methodist Church has rescheduled its Concert for Community Collaboration to Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. Featuring New York-based baritone Markus Beam, this concert benefits the Family Crisis Council of Rowan County.
• The Kiwanis Club of Salisbury has canceled its regular luncheon meeting scheduled for today.
• The Spencer Doll And Toy Museum, 108 Fourth Street in Spencer, will be closed today.
• Horizons Unlimited has canceled its planetarium show, “Sunlight and Shadows,” scheduled for Saturday.
• The Rowan County Landfill, 789 Campbell Road in Woodleaf, and the Julian Road Recycling Center, 1455 Julian Road, are tentatively scheduled to open to the public at noon today. All other recycling convenience sites along with the Rowan County Recycling Center will be closed today. Sites will reopen at 7 a.m. Saturday. Confirm by checking the Rowan County website or by calling 704-216-8606.
Check www.salisburypost.com for the latest weather-related information. Send closings, cancellations and delays to firstname.lastname@example.org