• Cancelled: Zoning Board of Adjustment Feb. 10 meeting; no requests submitted. Next scheduled meeting Monday March 10.
• Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education work session, 5 p.m., Ellis Street adminstration office.
• Kannapolis Board of Education, 5 p.m., KCS Administrative Offices, 100 Denver St.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m., Train Station, 201 South Main St.
• Multiple Sclerosis self-help support group, 6:30 p.m. J.F. Hurley YMCA, Jake Alexander Blvd. 704-798-3341, scotton1@ windstream.net
• Workshop by Nancy Sleeth “A Simple Plan that Simply Works” 6:30 p.m., Center for the Environment at Catawba College, centerfortheenviron ment.org. Free but register at 704-637-4727 or email@example.com
• Cleveland Town Board of Commissioners, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 302 E. Main St.
• Rockwell Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 202 E. Main St., Rockwell.
• Chapter 909 of the Vietnam Veterans of America, Concord, 7 p.m., Cabarrus Senior Center, 331 Corban Ave. SE. For Vietnam Veterans and spouses, 704-932-5544, 704-782-6793.
• Rowan County Beekeepers Assoc., 7 p.m., Rowan County Ag Center, Old Concord Road, Rowan beekeepersassociation @gmail.com
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• Outlook Readers book discussion group of AAUW, 10:30 a.m., Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road. 704-636-6082, http://salisbury-nc.aauw.net
• Salisbury Planning Board, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Board of Health, 6:30 p.m., Rowan County Health Dept community room, 1811 E. Innes St.
• Faith Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 100 N. Main St., Faith.
• Spencer Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Spencer Municipal Building, 600 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer.
• Rowan Republicans, 7 pm. Information John Leatherman 704-637-0775.
• Rowan Museum History Club, 7 p.m., Mary Neely Grissom on the Historic Neely School Renovation Project, free. Messinger Room, second floor, 202 N. Main St., rear entrance, 704-633-5946, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Meeting rescheduled: Salisbury Tourism and Cultural Development audits report mtng. for Feb. 12 rescheduled due to Council Retreat on Feb. 12-13. STCDC report will be at noon March 12, Gateway Building, 204 East Innes St.
• SRCVB Board Members: Note the Feb. 12 SRCVB noon Board Meeting and 11:30 a.m. Destination Capital Cttee mtng. rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 19 at regular times due to board members and staff participating in City Council retreat luncheon on Feb. 12.
• J.C. Price Post regular meeting, 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, 704-636-2950.
• Salisbury Rowan Human Relations Council Executive Committee Meeting, City Office Bldg. 132 N. Main St., second floor, 4:30 p.m., 704-638-5217, email@example.com, www.srhrc.org
• The Center for the Environment’s EnviroMingle, 5-7 p.m., at Cougar Run Winery 363 N. Church St., Suite 100 Concord. Free but registration required 704-637-4727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Salisbury Historic Preservation Commission, 5:15 p.m., City Council Chambers.?
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W, 828-310-8491, email@example.com
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• AAUW (American Assn. of University Women), 6:30 p.m., J. F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd W., 704-636-6082, http://salisbury-nc.aauw.net
• Circle of Hope support group for parents grieving the loss of a child, 7-8:30 p.m., 2290 Statesville Boulevard. Lori Yang, 704-630-0319.
• Rowan Epilepsy support group, 7 p.m., FUMC media room, 217 S. Church St., 704-639-0847, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Valentine’s Day
• Acoustic Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., E H Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• Quest for the Golden Shoe, adventure for kids at Dan Nicholas Park. New prize each week, see www.dannicholas.net for clues, information.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Salisbury Alumnae Chapter, 10 a.m., Monica Green 704-636-4875.
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.
• Find local arts & entertainment events in the Feb. 6 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment> Time Out > Roundabout: What’s Happening Feb. 6-12]
SALISBURY — Willie Shaver cuts a sharp image in his black cowboy hat, bolo tie, vest and pointed boots. He... read more